Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken down 2 day old Tesla s Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my new Tesla s plaid recently. Two days after delivery the car ”froze”. That is I could not even open it. Tech support attempted to access it remotely with no success. It had to be towed to dealer where they diagnosed the problem which required a part be replaced. Apparently there are only seven of these parts available world wide and because of this fact the repair would take about two weeks. Am quite disappointed. Has anyone had a similar experience and any ideas as to what may have caused the problem. Thanks for any input in advance.
Andy L

Attachments

• 00E86DA7-F850-423B-97A4-873B96E33F80.jpeg
    00E86DA7-F850-423B-97A4-873B96E33F80.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: impastu
There are several others that have posted that there car was undriveable and is taking a while to repair, like you. I am so sorry that this happened to you, but it does happen. Hopefully you will get it back soon and will have no other undriveable breakdowns for many years to come. I wish you knew what broke. It must be some part new to the Plaid for them to only have 7 parts somewhere in the world besides the 1000s the factory probably has to build and sell Plaids.

Reactions: impastu
Sorry bud. Seeing your car being towed is always a sad day. I hope they get you a loaner.
Sorry bud. Seeing your car being towed is always a sad day. I hope they get you a loaner.
Thanks for your concern. Actually Tesla was very good in that they gave me a Tesla s P90D as a loner. I am hoping I will get my Tesla Plaid back sooner than later.
Andy L

Sorry to hear about that, I know first hand how much it sucks to be separated from your brand new MS 😢

I took delivery on June 30, then in August after 2.8k miles the big battery failed. I got an error that the car will not charge anymore. SC diagnosed and said the big battery needs replacement and the car was in the shop for 3 weeks. Since then though, everything has been OK.

In all fairness though, this is a brand new model, so it’s rather normal that there will be more issues in the beginning.

Reactions: Sigma4Life