Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken feedback loop: Has anyone ever received ANY reply/response from fsdbeta email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Typically, in a beta, the goal is to get feedback and work with testers - tell them what ought to be tested more than others, what known issues they're working on, and generally be communicative with testers to know they're actually paying attention. So far, my ~month of experience with FSD Beta has been... the opposite of that.

It feels like there's absolutely no way to actually get information FROM Tesla - what actually makes good feedback (more nuance than the one or two vague lines in the FSD Beta invite email), and what's a known issue/what's being worked on. Yeah, it's nice to play with this system as it is today, but it's no fun when we're "playing tester" and the FSDBeta email address just goes into a black hole.

So far, I haven't actually seen any posts claiming to have ever heard a response from the fsdbeta email address. Some directly chat with Tesla support, but that's not what I'm referring to. I mean, literally replying to an email to fsdbeta.

I think Tesla really ought to set up at least some basic system like UserVoice to let people see and vote the most popular issues. At least we could then know that there IS a visible way to see common feedback and interact with it. Of course it doesn't even need to be public! Just accessible to those of us with FSDBeta.

Reactions: K5TRX and EVNow
Coming from projects like Minecraft (the video game) who have a HUGE and bustling community bug tracker, I am a little shocked Tesla doesn't have _anything_ for us to formally submit bugs/request features.

For as much as Elon likes to say Tesla is a "Software company, not a car company" they don't have some of the main pillars of a modern, public software product.

Black hole.

15533FB2-1615-4739-A7B5-B15943C9A264.jpeg

Honestly kinda surprised there isn't a big community driven tracker. It'd be fun to spin up one to document the changes to the software over time.
There sort-of are such trackers, all fragmented across different parts of different communities, but absolutely not seen by all. Nothing on par with PlugShare for a 3rd-party example of a tracker everyone knows about (even the 1st party suppliers).

I wouldn't really want to start one, either... unless it's really well planned and executed. There have been attempts in the past, but their lack of visibility, lack of engagement, and clunky interface (e.g. a Google Form and a spreadsheet) really leave them limited in utility. It'd have to be a whole hog challenge, including someone willing to pony up money for development or buying a platform. I'd be up to sink some money into it...

But then, would Tesla care? Are they waiting for us to do such a thing? (I don't know of such a thing that actually has Tesla's attention - for feedback like USB Media album art for example). It seems like a fool's errand to invest time/money into something Tesla wouldn't pay attention to (bug/issue/feature trackers of the past), especially given that the only thing engineering really pays attention to is Elon's Twitter 😝

For whatever reason, Tesla doesn’t prioritize engaging with their customers or letting customers engage with one another. That’s why they shut down their forum. I don’t know if it’s a resource issue or something else, but it’s clearly not important to Tesla. It is what it is.

Reactions: rxlawdude
For as much as Elon likes to say Tesla is a "Software company, not a car company" they don't have some of the main pillars of a modern, public software product.
The saying goes “Data scientist is better in stats than engineers and better in coding than statisticians”.

Something similar applies to Tesla. They are better in software than legacy automakers and better in hardware than software companies ;)