Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken front end control arm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had a problem with the wheel well liner on the Model S? I have 2017 with 32k miles. Had not hit any obstacles. Had driven it home after service for computer display freezing 4 weeks ago where it sat in my garage until I attempted to back it out of the garage when there was a terrible crunching sound from the left front wheel. The lining inside the well had buckled and crunched against the tire making the car undrivable. Mobile Tesla technician arrived and found the left front control arm had broken off. Car is being towed to Tesla service center. Car only has 32.8K miles. Anyone else have this happen without an accident or pothole injury?

Attachments

• IMG-3571.jpg
    IMG-3571.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG-3572.jpg
    IMG-3572.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 99
Sorry to hear about your troubles. This is the thread.

• Helpful
Reactions: All In
Upvote 0
Yes. You can see the bit that broke off there on the floor in your second image. There is a fairly long thread about this issue. I'll hunt for it if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Edit: here it is: Cracked forelink?

Pictures on second page of this thread - the broken pieces will look like that piece on your floor.
Yes. Broken forelink. Tesla well not cover the cost.

Upvote 0