Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken headlight adjuster?

We have a 2018 p100d and when we got it the headlights were pointed pretty far down. So now that daylight savings time has hit, I decided to raise them. The passenger side moved up without a hitch, but the drivers side went up almost as high as the passenger side and then popped and fell. It's as if it came off the end of a screw and simply tilted downward. How can I fix this?

Reactions: jacie6056
We have a 2018 p100d and when we got it the headlights were pointed pretty far down. So now that daylight savings time has hit, I decided to raise them. The passenger side moved up without a hitch, but the drivers side went up almost as high as the passenger side and then popped and fell. It's as if it came off the end of a screw and simply tilted downward. How can I fix this?
This happened to me and don’t panic! I just fixed this by spraying wd40 in and around the adjustment screw. Then adjusted the screw DOWN not up. Again keep adjusting the light down you should see the light moving down but don’t over do it. After that adjust the light up. You should be good after that

This happened to me and don’t panic! I just fixed this by spraying wd40 in and around the adjustment screw. Then adjusted the screw DOWN not up. Again keep adjusting the light down you should see the light moving down but don’t over do it. After that adjust the light up. You should be good after that
I’m confused… my light is pointing down right now…. I’ll give your advice a shot, I got nothing to loose.

just want to report back! After turning the headlight adjuster all the way down to the ground. The headlight will suddenly pop right back to normal height and can be adjusted to a higher height position after.

But still can not be as high as the passenger side :rolleyes:
put wd40 on the screw and retry they will both go to the same height

Reactions: jacie6056

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC