Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken MY Valve Stem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the pictures.

The replacement is generic and it is stamped with the word "TMPS" on the copper portion.

The broken one does not look like Tesla because it does not have the Tesla Icon. Its top has only about 2 grooves for a tire pump hose to screw on which doesn't look right. It should have like 12 grooves for the pump hose to screw on. That looks like it's been chopped off. It does not seem like a TPMS one: It's a non-TPMS generic valve stem. They might just throw the Tesla one away and couldn't find it but there's a wrong kind of generic non-Tesla, non-TPMS lying around and they just gave you that.

From his pictures and looking at the new TPMS I have sitting on my desk awaiting my new wheels I figured it out! There are not enough threads because that is what they broke off when they screwed up and left the fill line on the wheel. If you look at a new TPMS the valve stem portion is separate from the sensor portion and held on with a hex screw. Looks like it is actually pretty easy to replace the valve stem portion if you have the appropriate replacement part available. They replaced the broken valve stem portion of his TPMS sensor with a generic replacement TPMS specific valve stem... all is good.

Keith