Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken plastic thingy behind front grill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what this plastic piece behind the grill is or what it does? I was about to install the front license plate and noticed something that didn't look quite right. The part appears to be broken (the edge looks like it cracked off) and just sitting there. We've scheduled a mobile repair hopefully it's not anything major. Any feedback is appreciated.

We picked up the MY end of March and likely missed this during the inspection. We've already had the MY in service for paint issues and a deep gouge in the tub in the frunk, both were reported during delivery. Love the car but QC seriously sucks.

PXL_20230521_233434055.jpg

The Frunk tub comes out with two bolts. If you remove it, you can see the radiator and everything else from a top down view. If you schedule mobile service already this is how they'll inspect this damage.
4 bolts -- two in the bottom and two in the upper front. Easy removal if you want to inspect yourself. Your photo seem to also show that the louvers for the cooling setup in front of the radiator are broken too.

Reactions: Mike_TV