Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken service system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bgcollins

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2022
Hoover, Alabama
Sorry for the rant but I am beyond frustrated. This is the 4th service appointment without repair of a simple issue. I have had wind noise from my front right window since I received the vehicle 3 years ago. Mobile service did not have any parts to repair the window seals on first visit and recommend repair at a service center. After visiting a service center the window gaskets were replaced but said that I needed my fixed window replaced. They didn’t have the part in stock but said they would document what was needed and would have mobile service scheduled for repair. On the second mobile appointment they did not have the part and failed to read the service notes before the scheduled visit. They said they ordered the part and rescheduled another visit. Well just prior to the next visit the appointment was rescheduled because the part has arrived. On the next scheduled appointment the technician again arrived without the part or no knowledge of prior service calls. They have waste my time and still haven’t completed the repair in close to 3 years. Furthermore I can’t get anyone on the phone to discuss this. Is the sys broken?

This is common, the person who send the parts never checks it, the person who received never checks it, the tech never checks until it is needed. Noise or rattles are usually hard to fix, and could be worse after they fix it. It took Tesla 3 times and 3 windshields to fix the noise.

Last edited:
I don't know how it is now, but I usually request the same tech to work on my car. That way they get familiar with the car. I do this for dealers as well as independent shops. It helps to talk to the techs though so you have an idea of how competent they are.

Reactions: y2khd
Different problem(s) but same result. They had my car at the Service Center for 7 days (this time - 12 visits in the first year). Lied in their paperwork that they replaced parts but since they failed to actually reassemble my vehicle when they gave it back to me, I was able to determine that they had in fact not replaced the part(s) because it had the exact same defect. Once I located the missing parts and reassembled the car properly they sent me home with mobile scheduled for the follow up appointment. They have now canceled on me (same day) 3 times, been here twice with the wrong / no parts.. such a joke. No other car manufacturer’s service is this pathetic.