Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

broken sub-passenger mirror black plastic molding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this might be the part I need. I hit the passenger side mirror while trying to back up my Model 3 into the garage, and the bottom black plastic piece fell off and chipped part of it; most of it was still intact and I was able to snap it back into place toward the front so that it is secured enough to stay on. I asked the service center about obtaining just that part and they said they couldn't get that part, that they would have to replace the whole mirror and casing. The mirror and electronics work fine; that seems like such a waste! I think this may be the product code for the part (?), but have no idea how to check and order if it is. Anyone have any ideas how I can pursue this?
2EXT MIRROR ASSY, PREMIUM, DOMESTIC, RH - [EC- BLACK]1592032-00-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)11

Here are pictures of the part I am talking about: image 1 you can see the chipped part, image 2 looking under the mirror the black plastic part I snapped on with the chip at top, and the 3rd another angle with the chipped part.

Attachments

• IMG_6128.jpg
    IMG_6128.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_6129.jpg
    IMG_6129.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_6132.jpg
    IMG_6132.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 392
Here are pictures of the part I am talking about: image 1 you can see the chipped part, image 2 looking under the mirror the black plastic part I snapped on with the chip at top, and the 3rd another angle with the chipped part.
Did you ever find out more information? Same thing happened to me. I found the following but not sure if it is trustworthy as the seller doesn't have many reviews:

aliexpress part 2287.3005

Just arrived and it's an exact replacement, like the same manufacturer, part #, etc. Fits great, the top and bottom pieces fit together so make sure all the lips are secure on the mirror frame.
Hey thinking of getting the same part for my new M3 since I already damaged it a bit during parking.
Was it hard to dismantle the bottom part of the mirror? I can only find guides on how to remove the top part of the mirror for a M3 2021

Hey thinking of getting the same part for my new M3 since I already damaged it a bit during parking.
Was it hard to dismantle the bottom part of the mirror? I can only find guides on how to remove the top part of the mirror for a M3 2021
Super easy, used a trim tool to separate the top and bottom. There are two male clips and two female ones on each side that snap into each other. Took 5m to do and once you get the part its pretty apparent how to do it.