Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

broken Tesla S headlight transparent cover/casing

akumar61

Mar 1, 2021
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Someone took a wrench or tire iron to the passenger side headlight on my 2017 model S. It works fine but there is a 0.75 cm X 3 cm hole in it. Probably should replace but I'm told i can only get the whole headlight unit from Tesla. Anyone know any salvage type place i might be able to find this item?

beatle

Aug 31, 2019
Springfield, VA
Since the exterior plastic is sealed to the housing, you'll want to just replace the whole headlamp. I don't think you'll find any headlights that someone took apart and then didn't feel like putting back together.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC