Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken toe link caused car to veer left and right. Traction control and AEB error after

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this on the model 3 forum. Posting here as well.

I was on the freeway with autopilot engaged and was about to get on another freeway ramp. I stepped on the brake to take control and the car started veering left and right and car was making a screeching sound too. Luckily i did not hit any car. It seem to take a while for me to gain some control of the vehicle and has able to park at the side of the free way. When i regained some of my composure i tried to drive again but the car was still veering left and right and still screeching. Error message is "Traction contol disabled contact tesla service" and "Auto Emergency Braking disabled"

I posted this on the model 3 forum. Posting here as well.

I was on the freeway with autopilot engaged and was about to get on another freeway ramp. I stepped on the brake to take control and the car started veering left and right and car was making a screeching sound too. Luckily i did not hit any car. It seem to take a while for me to gain some control of the vehicle and has able to park at the side of the free way. When i regained some of my composure i tried to drive again but the car was still veering left and right and still screeching. Error message is "Traction contol disabled contact tesla service" and "Auto Emergency Braking disabled"
Get ready to be attacked as a oil industry shill, wall street short seller, or fake FUD spreading monster.

The car is back. The left rear toe link broke. They replaced both left and right rear toe links as a safety precaution. They said they will continue to monitor the car's logs and engineering is still investigating what caused the failure. They case is still open and I will update this post if I hear anything new.
Did they give you any more specifics? It would be interesting to see the break to see if it was an old crack or if it happened all at once.

Did they give you any more specifics? It would be interesting to see the break to see if it was an old crack or if it happened all at once.

I was told that the weld point is where it broke. No updates yet.

Sounds like a one off. Weird.

I truly hope it is a one off.

Can we rename the thread? I'm assuming AP has little to do with a broken toe link.

Yes. Autopilot being engaged at the time of the incident is just coincidental. The problem is, I don't know how to rename the thread.

A toe link can have the symptoms you’re describing on any car.
Just seems strange it happened on a new car.

That is what the Lead Service Tech said as well.