Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken Windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you specify glass cover on your insurance? Make a claim.

(With a Tesla, always always always specify glass cover - there's too much glass not to).

I've seen an O'Briens truck backing into my local Tesla Service Centre once. I assume it was delivering windows - I can't imagine it'd be anything else. But if you're not insured ask around.

Got it sorted out, Suncorp sent a request for quote to Tesla, to replace it at a service center, and for me to contact Tesla and arrange a time to get it done, which is a waste of time as Tesla don't work that way, as I found out when I went in to to the service center in Brisbane

I was able to book it in, but the guy there told me he doesn't have the time to work it out with my insurer, the way they work is that I have to pay for it on the day and then get reimbursed by my insurer

They are supposed to give me a quote which I then pass on to my insurer to approve but I have not received that as yet

• Informative
Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
Got it sorted out, Suncorp sent a request for quote to Tesla, to replace it at a service center, and for me to contact Tesla and arrange a time to get it done, which is a waste of time as Tesla don't work that way, as I found out when I went in to to the service center in Brisbane

In what way is that part not how it works? When I've had out-of-scope damage repairs at the Tesla Service Centre in Canberra, the guy there has their system give me an indicative quote which I have to accept, then he orders parts, and some sort of schedule gets set once the parts arrive.

Thankfully in my case it was a felt undercarriage liner off-warranty. The process was fairly similar for in-warranty stuff, except I didn't have to accept a quote.

I was able to book it in, but the guy there told me he doesn't have the time to work it out with my insurer, the way they work is that I have to pay for it on the day and then get reimbursed by my insurer

They are supposed to give me a quote which I then pass on to my insurer to approve but I have not received that as yet

Yeah, that's weird. Hopefully your insurer won't give you much grief there, let alone your credit card company!

I'm with RACQ for my S, none of the local repairs wanted to touch it for one reason or another, I got a quote from Tesla B'bane, approved by my insurance, got windscreen replaced(had a crack going from bottom of screen to almost to other side), I paid for it, other Tesla would hold the car until insurance paid for it. I got reimburse within the week.