Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broker recommendation in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Allx

Aug 28, 2018
NJ
Hi there,

Checking in to see if someone has an insurance broker recommendation for NJ (and what type of rates people are seeing for decent record with no claims and credit above 800). Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi there,

Checking in to see if someone has an insurance broker recommendation for NJ (and what type of rates people are seeing for decent record with no claims and credit above 800). Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !
I have Allstate and imho they’re the lowest and have great service. I compared them with USAA, AAA, GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Progressive. Allstate beat their rates. I have my home and other vehicles insured through them so that helps. The AWD M3 only added about $75 monthly to my current coverage. If you’re in south Jersey, PM me and I’ll give you further info or you can just call Allstate.

I have Geico and have never had a problem repairing my Model S. I do not have an umbrella policy however (even though Geico is starting to push this in a big way) -- I can't imagine things in NYC being THAT different than NJ.. but I guess it depends how far south you are talking.

Speaking of claims. Any companies out there that’ll cover replacement cost in first few years instead of adjusting for depreciation (this used to be a thing back home ); in the unfortunate event that a really bad one happens the first few years it’s great to know you won’t be given 20k less just because of early depreciation.