Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bronze looking M3 spotted in Highlands Ranch Colorado of all places

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
Unfortunately no pics, I was on my way to work and take this route regularly so perhaps I will see it again soon and be more prepared.

The car might have been silver, but in the very early morning light it had a bronze metallic look to it.

It was definitely Model 3, had the 19" wheels and had a permanent front license plate installed. I only got a very quick look so don't know what the interior color was.

Reactions: PaulJB
Did the front plate look out of place ?
I've been wondering where to place it on the sloping bumper.

It didn't really look that weird to me but I did immediately notice the combination of the license plate plus the distinctive "fish mouth" model 3 front that doesn't have any fake air intake vents. They had put the plate above the "lip" on the front cover just below the place where the hood meets the bumper cover.

It didn't really look that weird to me but I did immediately notice the combination of the license plate plus the distinctive "fish mouth" model 3 front that doesn't have any fake air intake vents.

I've only heard of "fish mouth" relating to a classic Model S. Which photo below did it look like?

Classic Model S front:
tesla model s.jpg

Refresh Model S front:
tesla model s refresh.jpg

Model 3 front:
tesla-model-3-silver-prototype-promo-shot-headlands.jpg

Thanks Erik

It was definitely the 3rd one and probably that same color and wheels.

I call it a fish mouth, not sure how else to describe it.

It was very surprising to see it in Highlands Ranch, a bedroom community if there ever was one. Must be owned/operated by either a Tesla corporate employee or some biggie investor who was slumming it around here.

I would also add that it looked bigger than I expected, I initially mistook it for a Model S then saw the distinctive front end and headlights and new it was my very first look in the flesh of the new model 3.

Last edited:
I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but with the hundreds of sightings in California that flood the forum, its easy to assume that sightings like this are unlikely to happen in places like Colorado until well into production. A good reminder to be on the look out, especially if you're near a super charger or store/service center.

Do you have a dash cam?

Based on what Tesla has said, all initial Model 3 deliveries were going to be West coast. Definitely try to take a photo. I would love to see it.

Thanks Erik

Obviously not every Tesla employee or well connected investor lives in Cali, so it's possible one has already been delivered east. As for the others spotted on the east coast, I thought they were for service center training or possibly the bond sale.

Obviously not every Tesla employee or well connected investor lives in Cali, so it's possible one has already been delivered east. As for the others spotted on the east coast, I thought they were for service center training or possibly the bond sale.
Road trip seems at least possible, although OP appears to have excluded the possibility of a Model 3 owner wanting to visit his neck of the woods.