Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brooklyn/NYC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CharlesCastle

OD6/20 | LR5 | Wh/Bl | 19 | BK I VIN: 10/13
Jul 11, 2021
NYC
Hey fellow future Tesla owners and current ones,

I figured I would start a Brooklyn/NYC waiting room (apologies if one already exist). Any advise on dealing with the Brooklyn SC? Has anyone had a delivery there? Please share. I ordered a MYLP white exterior and black interior, 5 seater, 19” wheels, no tow and no FSD on June 20th. My current EDD is around 9/10 but it’s been as early as 8/8. But we all really know those dates don’t matter much until you at least have a VIN (even that’s debatable based on some comments I’ve seen). I know the Brooklyn location is unique due to its location and lack of parking, so I’m curious what’s it like.

Avoid the manager in BKLYN “L.R.” , his written promises of Tesla merchandise credit were not honored! IMHO, his behavior reminds me of a typical old-school car salesman with bait-and-switch tactics. Mt Kisco folks are much better.

Avoid the manager in BKLYN “L.R.” , his written promises of Tesla merchandise credit were not honored! IMHO, his behavior reminds me of a typical old-school car salesman with bait-and-switch tactics. Mt Kisco folks are much better.
What exactly happened? I never pictured this issue with Tesla, it not being a traditional dealership type of place.

So my EDD has been at 9/17 - 9/30 for over a week. I hope that’s a good thing but I was so used to it changing everyday that it’s making me weary 😂. Wonder if anyone else around here has had something similar or gotten a VIN assigned at all.

Reactions: bcuzYnot
I was at 9/17 - 9/30 for close to 2 weeks, today it went to 10/15 - 11/04. So disappointed. Hope you have better luck.
No change today for me, but I’m certainly expecting it to happen at some point. The change in EDD could be meaningless. I’ve seen others post that their EDD changed dramatically as they approached their original EDD, only to be assigned a VIN that same day or shortly thereafter. Fingers crossed you/we have the same experience.

Reactions: CharlesCastle
No change today for me, but I’m certainly expecting it to happen at some point. The change in EDD could be meaningless. I’ve seen others post that their EDD changed dramatically as they approached their original EDD, only to be assigned a VIN that same day or shortly thereafter. Fingers crossed you/we have the same experience.
That's the thing that is giving some hope, I've seen similar post like the ones you mentioned. And I know that the EDD is pretty much meaningless, but can't help but look at the damn thing lol.

Judging by reading Past post, it looks like we are all in he same batch of deliveries for NYC. Who knows.

MYLR Blue/Black/5 Seats/Gemini
OD: 7/11/2021
Profile completion: 8/1/2021
EDD: was 11/9 - 11/29 as of today it switch to “October”
VIN: none
Seems like NY and the east coast might be getting the short end of the stick in this quarter from some post I’ve read. But who really knows. We can only hope that Tesla gets their act together.