Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brownsville/Olmito/RGV Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Just noticed your photo, with Space X in the background. Very kewl.

Elon has been saying there will be more launches from Boca Chica, and in fact will start using the second launch pad. As launches become more frequent, I would think that will bring more tourists - with many of them driving Teslas. Those two 72 kw chargers at the Pearl hotel on SPI aren't gonna hack it. Wonder if that might be part of the corporate decision to build that Supercharger at the HEB. Right now, I know the priority goes to California which has many many more EVs than Texas, but there are a few others being built.

Reactions: Fuddinator
A few other hotels on the island have destination chargers...I spoke to the owner of those hotels. He had said the New Marriott was going to have a few of them...I haven’t been back over there to see if that happened yet. The Tesla fleet appears to be growing exponentially down here. I’m seeing more and more. I think many of them are tourists. But some are locals...pretty cool in my opinion...it would be great to see a proper supercharger.

I think 2021 we will be seeing many more Tesla's in and around the Valley. This summer I saw more than ever on the Island as visitors drove to the beach instead of travelling out of state. SpaceX and Tesla go hand in hand as you guys have mentioned. Getting the infrastructure in place will be key for Tesla. The visitor center right off the bridge on SPI has two Chargepoint chargers pay per use chargers but they are only 6.6KW (see pic) but we need more. The Convention Center is another prime spot for a bank of chargers IMO. City should step up and support this move to sustainable transportation. I'm pushing that every chance I get with City Officials.

Attachments

• 2021-01-02 08_12_28-Window.png
    2021-01-02 08_12_28-Window.png
    62 KB · Views: 128
A few other hotels on the island have destination chargers...I spoke to the owner of those hotels. He had said the New Marriott was going to have a few of them...I haven’t been back over there to see if that happened yet. The Tesla fleet appears to be growing exponentially down here. I’m seeing more and more. I think many of them are tourists. But some are locals...pretty cool in my opinion...it would be great to see a proper supercharger.
Think I've seen you around town, driving down the Ruben Torres every now and then (I work on that road). Maybe you've seen me, Red m3 with performance wheels, still got my temp plates on lol. Also I need to drive by and see the progress of this service center.

Think I've seen you around town, driving down the Ruben Torres every now and then (I work on that road). Maybe you've seen me, Red m3 with performance wheels, still got my temp plates on lol. Also I need to drive by and see the progress of this service center.
I have seen you! I believe I know where you work. I saw a red model 3 backed into a spot at a large bldg one day. #creeper I know.

I am on Ruben Torres frequently.

I recently heard or saw on a Podcast or video that Teslas “find us” now shows future locations with an expected finish date. It’s showing a supercharger in Brownsville (it’s not specific on the location) with an expected completion of q1 2021. It doesn’t show the service center. Just found that interesting.

Where is the place to charge in Brownsville I'm coming from McAllen and will be going back to Austin from Brownsville? I am going to fully charge in McAllen but the trip shows I need to go back to McAllen which I don't want to do I want to go straight to Kingsville SC any recommendations?

Where is the place to charge in Brownsville I'm coming from McAllen and will be going back to Austin from Brownsville? I am going to fully charge in McAllen but the trip shows I need to go back to McAllen which I don't want to do I want to go straight to Kingsville SC any recommendations?
There isn’t currently a functioning supercharger. There may be some stuff on plugshare. I’m a ways out of your way, but you’d be welcome to use my home charger 60amp breaker so not terribly fast...

i just checked plugshare and there are a few destination chargers listed at hotels in Brownsville. There’s a 72kw supercharger on south padre island as well.

There isn’t currently a functioning supercharger. There may be some stuff on plugshare. I’m a ways out of your way, but you’d be welcome to use my home charger 60amp breaker so not terribly fast...
Thanks, I will go to the Home2 it was slow but should be good enough I was there the other night just not sure if there was anything faster actually ran into someone that works for Space X so it was a good convo to pass time.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Thanks, I will go to the Home2 it was slow but should be good enough I was there the other night just not sure if there was anything faster actually ran into someone that works for Space X so it was a good convo to pass time.
I edited my above post while you were posting.
If you need an excuse to go to the island, they do have a basic 72kw supercharger.