Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser - access to specific sites?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say, after carefully reading the legislation piece that that a motion disable interlock is all that's required to completely satisfy the spirit of the legislation. My son is a cop and I will get him to bounce it off the Victorian Police TOG guys and see what there collective attitude is.

I will also have a chat to my solicitors and see if they have some eloquent language we can point at Tesla Australia.

We have the same issue in Hong Kong.

I would think that a generic solution (works anywhere) would be to allow the web browser to be configured by Tesla as one of:

a) Completely disabled,
b) Fully operational when vehicle is in Park,
c) Restricted to just a list of specific websites.

Then, for (c), to provide a facility to enter a list of allowed websites, and whether each website is to be always permitted, or only when vehicle is in Park. The user should be allowed to maintain this list (after receiving a suitable warning about legislation in their particular country).

From what is written here, Australia is (b), and Hong Kong is (c). The Hong Kong restricted websites would be things like navigation, or web apps displaying information about the vehicle or it's current state.

That should cover all possible legislation, and would be significantly more usable than the current 'completely disabled' approach.

Something like this?
IMG_3370.jpg