Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser Audio working but only parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I noticed with the latest update V10 update, things like browser video, audio are working I tried it the other day while supercharging, then I thought I was smart and bookmarked Pandora on the browser and when I was on autopilot I click Pandora on and it shows it's playing but it won't output audio, low and behold when I park the car the audio in the browser works again, they must have opened the feature to connect speakers to browser but only when parked, I guess this forces everyone to only use Slacker or Spotify which I love Spotify but I would love to be able to use a website audio too as it would be easier to control than Pandora on my phone etc

Can anyone else confirm that audio on browser only works while parked?

Yep, that's the way it works.
The real issue is that this released enabled CODECs. Since it is illegal to have a moving video where a driver can see it, they have to disable it when the car is in drive. This happens to catch audio, since it is part of the CODEC as well.
That's why there's a radio section.

Yep, that's the way it works.
The real issue is that this released enabled CODECs. Since it is illegal to have a moving video where a driver can see it, they have to disable it when the car is in drive. This happens to catch audio, since it is part of the CODEC as well.
That's why there's a radio section.

Wonder if they can just disable video as video is mp4, Avi, flash, while audio is mp3, etc that way we could stream audio through browser while moving haha would open up so many things like Pandora, SoundCloud, etc

It would be interesting to see if it only works on WiFi, and if so does it work while driving on WiFi over a hotspot (you have to reconnect WiFi after putting in drive). Or if it does only work in park, does it play video parked without WiFi.

Yes as of now Tesla allows streaming over LTE. I'll try wifi hotspotting it on the way home to see if that works. So far I havent found a work around. Even mid stream it will cut once you put it into drive.