Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser Freezes Since 18.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jpfive

Supporting Member
Oct 31, 2019
Pensacola, FL
The first thing that I noticed on my 2021 Model Y when it was delivered on October 30th was the sluggish nature of the screen in comparison to the 2020 Model 3 that I traded for it. Loading speed for the browser was especially slower. I chalked it up to a difference between vehicles and have lived with it. Rebooting, using the steering wheel buttons - with or without the brake - is also much slower. Since the 18.2 update, my browser will open, but will not load a page. This is the same for wifi and the Tesla mobile network. The page I use most often down here in the Panhandle of FL is weather.com . I find the radar view useful as each new front rolls through from the west. I've scheduled a SC appointment to check it out. Anybody else with this problem?

The first thing that I noticed on my 2021 Model Y when it was delivered on October 30th was the sluggish nature of the screen in comparison to the 2020 Model 3 that I traded for it. Loading speed for the browser was especially slower. I chalked it up to a difference between vehicles and have lived with it. Rebooting, using the steering wheel buttons - with or without the brake - is also much slower. Since the 18.2 update, my browser will open, but will not load a page. This is the same for wifi and the Tesla mobile network. The page I use most often down here in the Panhandle of FL is weather.com . I find the radar view useful as each new front rolls through from the west. I've scheduled a SC appointment to check it out. Anybody else with this problem?

SC follow-up. Technicians suggested removing the Jeda SSD that I installed about the same time as the 18.2 update. Browser back in operation. Sorry for the false alarm. I have to say that it is still slower than my 2020 Model 3 though.