Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser locking up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is my web browser always locking up when I’m parked and trying to view a chart on TradingView.com. It works for 30 seconds and locks up. The only fix is to reboot the whole system. Happens every time…
Does it work better while driving without parking?

I suspect poor computer performance. In that case, buying Model S or X with MCU3 (first introduced in 2021) might help.

There's rumor that China Model Y will get fasrer MCU with AMD Ryzen instead of current Intel Atom. That should help your browsers performance in case you don't want to get 2021 S or X.

Last edited:
Does it work better while driving without parking?

I suspect poor computer performance. In that case, buying Model S or X with MCU3 (first introduced in 2021) might help.

There's rumor that China Model Y will get fasrer MCU with AMD Ryzen instead of current Intel Atom. That should help your browsers performance in case you don't want to get 2021 S or X.
I have the 2021 S Plaid. Not sure I want to test charting graphs while driving. I wanted to use it when parked. I can’t believe the performance is so bad if this isn’t a known issue with the software.

I have the 2021 S Plaid. Not sure I want to test charting graphs while driving. I wanted to use it when parked. I can’t believe the performance is so bad if this isn’t a known issue with the software.
Since you now got the fastest Tesla MCU3 that is composed of Zen 1+ AMD Ryzen CPU and discrete Navi 23 graphics, then there's not much we can do except to wait for a faster computer with future designs.

Maybe if Tesla could beef up the browser department to optimize its performance, that might help in the meantime.