Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser not secure for You Tube App in Entertainment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't seem to log into You Tube or my Google Account in Entertainment or in the Tesla Model S Browser.

Is there a trick to this? I keep getting a notice that Google can't log me in because my Browser is not secure.

I can play You Tube videos but bringing up my account, You Tube Channel keeps rejecting my log in attempt.

You can also log on any website that allows "Log In With Google" that uses google user name and password such as this forum.

Once you successfully log in one of those sites, your youtube and google are also logged in at that time too.

Actually nothing works except my calendar does recognize a planned travel and sends it to Navigate. That works well. Set an appointment in my iphone on Google Calendar and Apple Calendar and the route is automatically programmed, but no way can I log into YT for seeing my subscribed channels. Always claims the browser is not secure.

...iphone on Google Calendar and Apple Calendar and the route is automatically programmed...

To clarify, the instruction is not about iPhone or any cell phone app.

The instruction is to go to your car's central screen, click on the car's browser, type in a non-google website in your car's browser that has an option for "Log In With Google" such as this forum that allows multiple ways to log such as your own private e-mail and password, but what we are interested is the specific option of "Log In With Google" for a non-google website.

You need a non-google website with your google credentials first because any google site such as youtube site would not allow your car browswer's log in.

Once you log in with a non-google website with Google credentials then you can go to a real google website such as youtube next.

...but no way can I log into YT for seeing my subscribed channels. Always claims the browser is not secure.

Again. The instruction has a sequence. Do not log in a Google site such as youtube first. Log in using google credentials for a NON-GOOGLE website first.

• Informative
Reactions: TravelFree
So if I understand you correctly, I need to find a new membership only non google website and establish a membership with my google email address and then set a password. Then log in with those google credentials to that non-google website on the Tesla Browser. Now I can go to the Entertainment YT and it will not flag my Gmail as "not secure." I hope this ridiculous procedure works. I will test it later today. Thanks.

Also, I got the new games update installed last night so I want to have a look at that too.

I set up a Plex account with gmail email and new password.
Tried to see my YT subscription account in You Tube and it still didn't work. No different.

Next I logged into Plex with my gmail Google account and gmail password. I got an error message that my Plex account was already established and reenter the Plex account password. I did this.

Now I exited out of the web browser and launched the YT app in Entertainment Theater and this worked. Didn't even need to log in. I saw my YT account image for my paid YT subscription.

Thanks for all the clues on how to get this working. I don't know what Tesla is so convoluted. I don't have a problem with any of my other devices or browsers.

...I don't know what Tesla is so convoluted. I don't have a problem with any of my other devices or browsers.

That's because it's a homebrew browser based on chromium by Tesla not too long ago. Before that, it's based on Linux.

They both need further improvements but Tesla has not withheld the use even though it's not perfected yet.

Final question, must I always log into Plex in order to log into my You Tube account?

If the cache is not cleared out at each section, you should not have to find a non-google site such as Plex with your google credentials to log in again.

In my old Tesla, I had to relog in every single time the car is turned off then turned on again but with the newer Tesla, I don't need to relog any more probably because the accessory circuits are kept alive (the screen goes asleep but still alive with intact cache for browser).

Reactions: TravelFree
I was having the same issue where Plex TV login was no longer working for me.

I believe I figured out a fix that at least worked for me. Not sure if every step is necessary but don’t feel like logging out and trying again...

Open Tesla browser

Make sure you’re logged in to your Google account

Go to Google
Search YouTube TV
Click on YouTube TV result

This will open the YouTube app and take you directly to YouTube TV where you will be logged in.

Merry Christmas!