Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Browser now full screen only s/x on v10

whitex

Sep 30, 2015
Seattle area, WA
I gave up on the browser in my MCU1 mode s. Used to be a window to the world, Tesla winds, dark sky radar maps etc... now it would even load google search home page often enough to worth trying. Sad. RIP browser.
After putting a new emmc chip in my MCU, the browser started working for me, but of course only full screen (it actually stopped working for me way before V10, so I never experienced the full screen or nothing before - it sucks).

Trebek1762

Let's play jeopardy
Feb 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Once you purchase the $2500 Infotainment Upgrade option, the browser works amazingly well...
to be honest, it's not just $2500. It's FSD + $2500. In my case, it would be $6500. Would rather spend the 500-1000 and get a new faster emmc and spend the 6 grand somewhere else. Not only that, but you could get root and potentially downgrade your FW too!

to be honest, it's not just $2500. It's FSD + $2500. In my case, it would be $6500. Would rather spend the 500-1000 and get a new faster emmc and spend the 6 grand somewhere else. Not only that, but you could get root and potentially downgrade your FW too!

Correct, but you should jump in on FSD before the price keeps going up. Lock in the amazing deal that Tesla gives you..

Also by not upgrading to MCU2, you will miss out on new feature that will only be built for MCU2... assuming those matter to you.

Note: Later on in the year, the Infotainment Upgrade for $2500 will become available to even though who don't have FSD... So you can also jump on board then and not have to worry about purchasing FSD.

Trebek1762

Let's play jeopardy
Feb 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Correct, but you should jump in on FSD before the price keeps going up. Lock in the amazing deal that Tesla gives you..

Also by not upgrading to MCU2, you will miss out on new feature that will only be built for MCU2... assuming those matter to you.

Note: Later on in the year, the Infotainment Upgrade for $2500 will become available to even though who don't have FSD... So you can also jump on board then and not have to worry about purchasing FSD.

Nah, FSD is pure hype. I've already got EAP, so upgrading to FSD for 4k to gain nothing new is just a waste. Truth be told, I probably should have hopped on the bandwagon when it was 2k, but didn't. C'est la vie

Reactions: viper2ko

Chaserr

Hyperactive Hyperdrive
Sep 5, 2017
Logan
EAP and FSD are essentially the same thing. EAP didn't include the computer upgrade, but did promise everything FSD has right now. What it won't include is "home to work" autopilot, I think EAP was a primarily highway based "FSD-lite"

enhanced-autopilot-eap-tesla-upgrade--570x282.png

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC