Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser now full screen only s/x on v10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see what is actually gained by making it 90% screen only, the browser is clearly able to resize as it happens in near real time as you drag it. It just doesn’t dock anymore. Hopefully they will fix this regression.

Tesla do fix bugs. At one point, the slacker interface no longer shower both the lapsed and remaining time on a song, it only showed lapsed after an update. It was eventually fixed without fanfare.

Now, slacker is used a lot more than browser. But this browser bug is a lot more serious.

I don’t see what is actually gained by making it 90% screen only, the browser is clearly able to resize as it happens in near real time as you drag it. It just doesn’t dock anymore. Hopefully they will fix this regression.

Tesla do fix bugs. At one point, the slacker interface no longer shower both the lapsed and remaining time on a song, it only showed lapsed after an update. It was eventually fixed without fanfare.

Now, slacker is used a lot more than browser. But this browser bug is a lot more serious.

I just submitted a bug report as well.

I use several "Web apps" all the time in the car and the browser no longer being dockable at a reduced height sucks because I can no longer use the browser with another app in the car.

Sent a bug report before I found this. Also emailed feedback. This was a bonehead change.

Are there any other ways to send a bug report about the Web browser no longer being able to take up only half the screen?

It's so silly that the Web browser now takes up 90% of the screen. There are a few Web pages I like to "monitor" in the background while using the rear view camera or the music player but this is no longer possible :(

Are there any other ways to send a bug report about the Web browser no longer being able to take up only half the screen?

It's so silly that the Web browser now takes up 90% of the screen. There are a few Web pages I like to "monitor" in the background while using the rear view camera or the music player but this is no longer possible :(
Try emailing them here
[email protected]

Has anyone received any responses back to any requests to fix the browser issue?

I used to love being able to have Waze take half a screen and the review view camera take up the other half of the screen.

It's such a waste to force the Web browser to always take up the whole screen.

So... do we just have to accept that full screen will be the only mode going forward? It seems like such a minor thing to code but functionally it really sucks. I can accept that the browser won't render modern sites properly but this kills the usefulness of teslawaze ABRP and Tesla Winds.

I had service in late November and they obliged to not update firmware if unnecessary, so I've been able to stay on 2019.32.2.1 so far. I received the warning though that I must update or lose remote connectivity on May 1, 2020.
Anyone else get message on screen to update firmware or lose access to app, streaming, etc

So... do we just have to accept that full screen will be the only mode going forward? It seems like such a minor thing to code but functionally it really sucks. I can accept that the browser won't render modern sites properly but this kills the usefulness of teslawaze ABRP and Tesla Winds.

I had service in late November and they obliged to not update firmware if unnecessary, so I've been able to stay on 2019.32.2.1 so far. I received the warning though that I must update or lose remote connectivity on May 1, 2020.
Anyone else get message on screen to update firmware or lose access to app, streaming, etc

Yes model 3 rules

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
The browser has integrations with the POI in the Navi map so it's pretty cool from that perspective. I'm guessing that's the big reason why it was changed. I guess you can still do Waze on it, but you won't be able to see the Navi at the same time. I guess that's why we have Waze on our iPhones

The browser has integrations with the POI in the Navi map so it's pretty cool from that perspective. I'm guessing that's the big reason why it was changed. I guess you can still do Waze on it, but you won't be able to see the Navi at the same time. I guess that's why we have Waze on our iPhones

Shouldn't have to use a phone screen for Waze like our cars are a 1995 Corolla though.

I noticed that the browser no longer even resizes when you drag it like it used to.

It either snaps to full screen or no screen :(

What a shame they've disabled one of the nicest features of the large portrait orientation Model S screen -- being able to run the browser and one more app at the same time.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits