Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser slower than molasses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The browser is useless. It's a neat "wow look it has a browser" feature, but serves no usable purpose other than that.

Exactly.
I've tried it exactly once, to pull up a weather forecast. It was slow, rendered funny, and took longer to interact with than my iPhone.
It's a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

Musk did comment recently that the browser was equivalent to internet explorer and needed updating

Yeah, he has a history of diverting development resources into fluff and pet projects.

a

It's a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

I would argue the opposite: It's *not* a solution but the problem does exist. There are many times when a large screen browser would be useful in the car - especially when one of the occupants is driving and can't safely/easily glance at a phone for information about the restaurant, museum, or conversation at hand. It'd also be nice to use browser-based apps like YouTube/Netflix etc. when waiting in the car without having to wait such a ridiculously long time for apps or videos to launch.

Fortunately, the Ryzen update released this year has the potential to make these features usable. In my limited testing the Tesla browser seemed faster than my iPhone 13 when running on the same Wi-Fi network in the same location.