TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Browser Update

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ejdemers, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ejdemers

ejdemers New Member

Has anyone updated the browser? If so, have you had any issues? When I sign in to my Google account I get a message that I need to update to a compatible browser as the browser I am using is out of date.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

You can't update the browser. Only Tesla can. It was going to be updated around 2014, then all of Tesla's attention seemed to be directed to new features like autopilot instead of improving the existing apps (browser, media, navigation).

3. PaulR

PaulR Member

4. tliving

tliving Member

Browser is nice to have but so slow that its basically useless. I keep an extra iPad in the car for browsing while charging/waiting for people.

5. bob_p

bob_p Member

Like the other core apps on the console (media player, navigation, calendar), it's better to use the smaller screen on a smartphone than the built-in browser, because the browser is so slow (even on wifi) and has compatibility problems (last time I checked, not all of the Tesla website worked with the car's browser).

Maybe Tesla should mark all of these apps as "Beta"...