TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Browser won’t load any websites after car wakes up

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Cripps, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cripps

Cripps Member

For a Canadian delivery, March 2018 build, new MCU, 2018.18 software, I find that if the car has been left idle for a while (over an hour say), on return to the car, it is not possible to load any sites in the web browser. Pick a favourite, type in A URL, the browser does nothing.

The other symptom I see is that frequently after waking up, wifi is off, but I didn’t change the setting. The car appears to have decided to switch it off but not back on after waking up.

Maps, Slacker, etc all seem to be fine and LTE signal shows.

Things return to normal after a two scroll-wheel reset until the car sleeps or is idle again for a while.

Has anyone else with a recent vehicle seen these issues and is there a way to reset the browser while driving?

• Like x 1
  2. Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA Member

This is happening to me as well .... ‘18 MS75D

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Good, it's not just me. :) I have a March build X, new MCU on 2018.18 that does the same thing. I also cannot open the Owners Manual which I guess must be browser based. Maps and music work fine. Re-booting brought it back for me. Haven't checked again to see if Sleeping messed it up again.

4. srredbeard

srredbeard Blue MS 75D and Black M3

Same thing is happening on my March 2018 MS75D with build 2018.18. I also have the new MCU. Rebooting brings it back until the car shuts down again.

5. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

Yes! I have the same issue here, too. MX2018 build, new MCU. Does anybody have any solution? My browser screen turns all white and nothing works. I have to reboot for it to work.

I'm wondering if this has to do with switching on/off Wifi/LTE. Do you guys have WIFI at home and connect to that? Tesla needs to work out the kinks.

So, please, Tesla, Read this and fix it!

6. mkertzman

mkertzman 2 Roadsters, 3 Model S

I'll add a me, too on this one. March build 100D, new MCU, 2018.20.

7. Kano

Kano Member

Same. March model x, new mcu, 2018.20. Annoying.

8. verdee

verdee Member

Just took delivery. Same for me

9. Diverdn

Diverdn New Member

Received my Model S on Tuesday....Same deal. White screen, no browser.

10. jbooker

jbooker Member

Same issue for me. Took mine in for service and they weren't aware of the issue. Loaded 2018.20.5 but still have the same issue

11. Bigt6542

Bigt6542 Member

I have the same issue! Took delivery late May 2018 MCU2. Also when I try to autopark the screen does not show the back up camera.

12. JohnD-Florida

JohnD-Florida Member

Took delivery today - same issue - Browser won't work, release notes are blank and owners manual is blank. So far the scroll reset didn't work for me. It's updating to the latest software now that it downloaded last night at the SC. Hoping that will fix it :/

13. Bigt6542

Bigt6542 Member

Yeah I have that issue all the time

14. Brettski

Brettski Member

May build, same browser issue.
    I came across a post somewhere in which someone said he thought it was related to his Apple Watch 3.
    I put my Apple Watch in the house, did a soft reset with the scroll wheels, and the next time I tried the browser worked. I have not experimented extensively because the browser is not of much interest to me, but there seemed to be a connection in this case.

15. Bigt6542

Bigt6542 Member

The browser not so much but the owner manuals does not load either. I need that as I am trying to learn the car.

16. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

X ..MCU1 2018.20 ..and my browser loads fine I have set to the Waze site

17. Brettski

Brettski Member

Understood...... I tested it again and I see now that this issue extends to the owner's manual.
    Hopefully a fix is forthcoming.

18. Bigt6542

Bigt6542 Member

That would great, I heard Elon comment from the shareholders meeting about a big autopolit update. Maybe that will be in it.

• Like x 1
  19. AtlUtdFan

AtlUtdFan Member

I’m having this issue also. I just took delivery yesterday, Model S 75D. Browser was working at Delivery but not when I checked it at home, also owner’s manual not working.

20. lenbtc

lenbtc Member

Same issues here on a 75D that I took delivery of at the beginning of May.

I reported this issue to Tesla a couple days ago and a tech is coming out to me in 10 days.

I thought this was a location based issue because the only time I've been able to get the browser to work was when I have been at least 30miles outside of the city. Now with everyone reporting the issue seems more logical that it's sleep related. Even when connected to my home WiFi, I cannot load any pages.