Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser won’t load any websites after car wakes up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reported this issue to Tesla a couple days ago and a tech is coming out to me in 10 days..

Please let us know the outcome. I reported the problem directly to Tesla, but all they did was relay the concern to my local Service Center who called me and said it was a firmware bug that they knew about. So I have put off any service appointments on the assumption it would get fixed over the air.

Please let us know the outcome. I reported the problem directly to Tesla, but all they did was relay the concern to my local Service Center who called me and said it was a firmware bug that they knew about. So I have put off any service appointments on the assumption it would get fixed over the air.

After the 2018.21.9 update, my browser issue was fixed. Tesla will not be coming to troubleshoot anymore.

After the 2018.21.9 update, my browser issue was fixed. Tesla will not be coming to troubleshoot anymore.

Unfortunately, mine wasn't. The browser came back, but it's up to it's old tricks of going away every time the car sleeps... forcing a re-boot. Which is to say every time I get into the car. Oh well, at least I can get it back with a re-boot now if I need it. :mad:

UPDATE:

UPDATE: I spoke too soon- my browser issue is actually not fixed. I called to reschedule my appointment which happened to line up with a cancellation in my area.

Tesla Service came out and after a few minutes of researching the bug, I was told this is a known issue and Tesla will roll out the fix in 2018.24, hopefully by the end of the week.

Reactions: JohnD-Florida
Tesla Service came out and after a few minutes of researching the bug, I was told this is a known issue and Tesla will roll out the fix in 2018.24, hopefully by the end of the week.

Really? They actually wasted money sending someone out? My car was delivered at the end of March with 2018.10 and I reported the problem to Tesla corporate. They relayed my concern to the local SC who told me it was a known software issue and would be fixed on the next release. Since then, I have had 10.6, 12, 14.2, 16, 18, 20 and now 21.9 and still have the problem. Fingers crossed 24 solves it.

I guess you also miss the "Energy saving" button? My car is unavaiable via app if its not connected to charger. And the car always have to "powering up" for å few seconds before driving? And the radio dont remeber what i listened to when parking.

And the radio dont remeber what i listened to when parking.

I suspect this might be a "feature" and not a "bug". What I have noticed is that if I get out of the car listening to Slacker or TuneIn, it will be back to FM Radio next time I get back in the car. If I get out with it on an FM station, it will be there on FM when I come back. Wonder if Tesla is doing this to cut back on the 3G/LTE data that they are paying for by having the system revert to an over-the-air radio station that doesn't use data?

I suspect this might be a "feature" and not a "bug". What I have noticed is that if I get out of the car listening to Slacker or TuneIn, it will be back to FM Radio next time I get back in the car. If I get out with it on an FM station, it will be there on FM when I come back. Wonder if Tesla is doing this to cut back on the 3G/LTE data that they are paying for by having the system revert to an over-the-air radio station that doesn't use data?

Very strange, my vehicle never does that. Whatever was on last (slacker/phone/radio) is resumed upon entry.