Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser won’t load any websites after car wakes up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a Canadian delivery, March 2018 build, new MCU, 2018.18 software, I find that if the car has been left idle for a while (over an hour say), on return to the car, it is not possible to load any sites in the web browser. Pick a favourite, type in A URL, the browser does nothing.

The other symptom I see is that frequently after waking up, wifi is off, but I didn’t change the setting. The car appears to have decided to switch it off but not back on after waking up.

Maps, Slacker, etc all seem to be fine and LTE signal shows.

Things return to normal after a two scroll-wheel reset until the car sleeps or is idle again for a while.

Has anyone else with a recent vehicle seen these issues and is there a way to reset the browser while driving?

Reactions: MMC-
For a Canadian delivery, March 2018 build, new MCU, 2018.18 software, I find that if the car has been left idle for a while (over an hour say), on return to the car, it is not possible to load any sites in the web browser. Pick a favourite, type in A URL, the browser does nothing.

Good, it's not just me. :) I have a March build X, new MCU on 2018.18 that does the same thing. I also cannot open the Owners Manual which I guess must be browser based. Maps and music work fine. Re-booting brought it back for me. Haven't checked again to see if Sleeping messed it up again.

Yes! I have the same issue here, too. MX2018 build, new MCU. Does anybody have any solution? My browser screen turns all white and nothing works. I have to reboot for it to work.

I'm wondering if this has to do with switching on/off Wifi/LTE. Do you guys have WIFI at home and connect to that? Tesla needs to work out the kinks.

So, please, Tesla, Read this and fix it!

May build, same browser issue.
I came across a post somewhere in which someone said he thought it was related to his Apple Watch 3.
I put my Apple Watch in the house, did a soft reset with the scroll wheels, and the next time I tried the browser worked. I have not experimented extensively because the browser is not of much interest to me, but there seemed to be a connection in this case.

May build, same browser issue.
I came across a post somewhere in which someone said he thought it was related to his Apple Watch 3.
I put my Apple Watch in the house, did a soft reset with the scroll wheels, and the next time I tried the browser worked. I have not experimented extensively because the browser is not of much interest to me, but there seemed to be a connection in this case.

The browser not so much but the owner manuals does not load either. I need that as I am trying to learn the car.

Same issues here on a 75D that I took delivery of at the beginning of May.

I reported this issue to Tesla a couple days ago and a tech is coming out to me in 10 days.

I thought this was a location based issue because the only time I've been able to get the browser to work was when I have been at least 30miles outside of the city. Now with everyone reporting the issue seems more logical that it's sleep related. Even when connected to my home WiFi, I cannot load any pages.