Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser won't download pages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in my garage with wifi, and my 4G signal was 3 bars.
I connected tot he wifi, and tried to download several pages that worked int he past.
So, I decided to give it the two finger salute, still would not download any pages.

Any ideas?

Hard to advise when we don’t know if you have MCU1 or 2 and what software version you are running, but try turning off traffic on the map. If that doesn’t work, restart and then double check again to make sure traffic is off, then the browser should work. Worked for me with MCU1 running the latest v10 update

The browser in my MCU1 MS doesn't load any websites now (since the recent updates 2019.32.12.*). It sometimes manages to start loading a page but today, it couldn't load any of tesla.com. Turning off traffic is not a solution for me, because I use routinely use traffic.
Another issue is that the browser can now either be minimised or taking 80% of the display - it longer allows a 50/50 split.

Hard to advise when we don’t know if you have MCU1 or 2 and what software version you are running, but try turning off traffic on the map. If that doesn’t work, restart and then double check again to make sure traffic is off, then the browser should work. Worked for me with MCU1 running the latest v10 update

Did you even look at my signature.?

Browser remains blank white page? I've got that right now. Tesla say there are no alarming logs, and nothing to indicate MCU is failing. Also "What's New" release notes is blank white page. 2015 S 70D. Multiple varieties of reboots and power offs.

If they would integrate Waze into their nav then I wouldn't need the browser at all ...

Reactions: .jg.
@Lectric_Agent

Sorry for you not seeing the signature on each and every post I make.. Any ways, this is what is in the signature.

2013 Model S P85 Current Firmware Ver. 2019.32.12.2 58f3b76 MCU1 AP-0
1 x Powerwall
Ver. 1.40.2 --- 40 x Microinverter PV System --- 1 x HPWC

Update on my situation: email support alternately ignored me or gave content-free replies for a couple of weeks before finally telling me to schedule an appointment for service. Fired up the app and wound up with a mobile service appointment for 8 days later. During the days leading up to it the tech wanted to login and look around. He said he found a directory occupying an unusually large amount of space and cleared it out. After that I lost all saved addresses in navigation and it forgot my home address, but the browser worked. After two days the browser locked up (it has done this from day 1; I only ever point it at teslawaze). After a reboot, music wouldn't load from USB. After a reboot, music worked but browser stayed blank. After a reboot, both worked. That's where I am today.