Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they do not intend to improve the browser for mcu1 units, they might just as well remove it all together... I find it more annoying that I have a browser app that does not work, than not having it at all!
They must know it’s useless, so why still offer it?!?!

In general, if something was working before and a Tesla's OTA update breaks it then it's on Tesla to fix it with a new patch or to offer an option to the owners to roll back to the previous working state. Period. No matter how old the car is.

• Funny
Reactions: whitex
So... just bring it in to a service center?

You can (should), at least to create a ticket for it. Since it's a software issue, the Service Center won't be able to fix it. The broken browser is a widespread issue discussed in depth in this forum and one would assume Tesla knows about and would be willing to fix.

The fact is that we had a partially-working (a debatable phrase) browser which with every OTA update has now become a broken, unresponsive, unreliable app which lots of users are deeply upset about.

Reactions: viper2ko
My MCU1 browser works well enough when I bring up the drawing app to hide the built-in map first. Similar to how it worked in v8. That's my standard config these days and you can still use Nav on AP at the same time.

Seems Tesla missed the memo - the rest of the world is running to the latest and greatest browser apps, not custom local fat apps. Tesla is swimming upstream on this point. Someday they will figure it out. Wouldn't it be nice to have Google Maps or Waze with nav & SC info instead of Tesla always trying unsuccessfully to reinvent the app that works so poorly.

So... just bring it in to a service center?
Useless exercise. You will wait for a month to get in, then the car might spend a while waiting in the queue, then service might do a factory reset, or just reboot a few times until it loads a page, so then it's considered fixed. Next day the browser will be dead again. And that is only if you insist on service. Most service advisers will just tell to wait for an OTA update (and they would be right, it's a well know problem which Tesla had since v9 rolled out, so obviously not high on their priority list to fix).

Reactions: ironwaffle
I too have MCU1.

Browser is almost a lost cause right now...
It had so much promise as a window to the world, a portal of which any capability can be added to the car with a wonderfully large screen. I used to routinely run Tesla wind, dark sky weather radar and Waze. Now, the browser just doesn’t work. It may, may sometimes load something if the sketch pad is up, but it locks up so much that I don’t bother anymore.

I held out hope that Tesla would fix it, but given MCU 1 cars are not made anymore and there are fewer of them in the road each day, I don’t see it happening.

Our best hope is that they would allow MCU1-MCU2 retrofit, but I don’t hold too much hope for similar reasons.

Maybe get a suction cut case for my phone or iPad and stick it up there.