Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BSM Isolation Warning # 19 & 283

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car a 1.5 with 3.0 just started to show a BSM: Isolation Warning (#19) and then later we saw a BSM: Isolation Fault 283. I checked the WiKi and could not find any details. Occasionally when very wet and humid I would get the BSM: Isolation fault with the contactors closed (#286) and a short drive always cleared the error and allowed me to charge. But this was different as the warning showed up after driving a while and while warm (88F) and humid (about 80%) it was not wet or raining. When the warning hit we still had full power and was able to drive but it alerted us about 4 times on the drive, which is of concern. The alerts hit after driving about 30 miles.

Just 3 days earlier I took a 400 mile drive in it with no issues.

It is the 400V Eberspacher controller. A friend took it out and lay it in the sun or on the heating to get the damp out. Since then no issues anymore. I had the same last year in July when it was extreme hot (40 degrees Celsius). There seem to be alternatives to purchase from GS Technology in Switzerland.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak
My car a 1.5 with 3.0 just started to show a BSM: Isolation Warning (#19) and then later we saw a BSM: Isolation Fault 283. I checked the WiKi and could not find any details. Occasionally when very wet and humid I would get the BSM: Isolation fault with the contactors closed (#286) and a short drive always cleared the error and allowed me to charge. But this was different as the warning showed up after driving a while and while warm (88F) and humid (about 80%) it was not wet or raining. When the warning hit we still had full power and was able to drive but it alerted us about 4 times on the drive, which is of concern. The alerts hit after driving about 30 miles.

Just 3 days earlier I took a 400 mile drive in it with no issues.

I don't think they work on the old 1.5 units. Can you post a picture of your 400v controller to see if it's possible?

Last edited:
It is the 400V Eberspacher controller. A friend took it out and lay it in the sun or on the heating to get the damp out. Since then no issues anymore. I had the same last year in July when it was extreme hot (40 degrees Celsius). There seem to be alternatives to purchase from GS Technology in Switzerland.
I thought the controller was only an issue when it got damp/wet...not extremely hot outside?

Attached are a few pictures from the 1.5. Thank you

IMG_7502.JPG
IMG_7504.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: ra88it
Sorry for reviving an old thread. My 1.5 just started producing error 19s (isolation warning). This happened after I had my roadster parked outside for several weeks (I know .... :-( )

any suggestions where I start Troubleshooting? Is it safe to take the car for a drive in hopes of drying out the moisture?