TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

BT handsfree broken?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by zentage, May 9, 2018.

1. zentage

zentage Member

Ever since I got 2018.12 my bluetooth handsfree has been a nightmare, EVERY damn call I make works fine for 2min tops, then spotify or radio (whatever that was on prior to the phone call) gets back on, while the call keeps on going on my phone (which I then have to manually switch from bluetooth over to speakermode).
    Basicly, I havent been able to make any calls from my car for the last 6 weeks or so.
    Android 7.1 phone.
    Does anyone know it this is a firmware issue or should I book an appointment with SC?

• Like x 1
  2. widodh

widodh Model S 85 and 100D

I've seen about the same issues with my iPhone 8.

Do you have a heavy website 'open' in the browser? Try opening a very simple page there like IP Address - What is my IP address? What is an IP address?

The browser seems to refresh the website in the back and uses CPU. Once I switched the website my problems are history.

3. zentage

zentage Member

Neither my phone nor the car has any websites open when this occurs. Guess I should give wifey's phone a test to see if the same thing happens with her phone.

4. zentage

zentage Member

Had a mate try with his phone at it worked flawlessly, so I guess this thread should be closed (obviously my phone thats the problem)

5. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

We’ve had periodic issues with BT ever since upgrading to iPhone X’s. Half the time the caller can hear us, but we can’t hear them.

• Like x 1
  6. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I’m having all kinds of Bluetooth issues too. iPhone X here. I’ve found that the “fix” is that each software update I unpair and forget the Bluetooth from both iPhone and Tesla - then power cycle the phone and re-pair the device.
    Yesterday every call was a challenge

7. zentage

zentage Member

I did find a fix for my phone, Running Android 7.1, I had to Reset network settings and then pair with the car again. then it worked :