Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BT handsfree broken?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since I got 2018.12 my bluetooth handsfree has been a nightmare, EVERY damn call I make works fine for 2min tops, then spotify or radio (whatever that was on prior to the phone call) gets back on, while the call keeps on going on my phone (which I then have to manually switch from bluetooth over to speakermode).
Basicly, I havent been able to make any calls from my car for the last 6 weeks or so.
Android 7.1 phone.
Does anyone know it this is a firmware issue or should I book an appointment with SC?

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I've seen about the same issues with my iPhone 8.

Do you have a heavy website 'open' in the browser? Try opening a very simple page there like IP Address - What is my IP address? What is an IP address?

The browser seems to refresh the website in the back and uses CPU. Once I switched the website my problems are history.

Neither my phone nor the car has any websites open when this occurs. Guess I should give wifey's phone a test to see if the same thing happens with her phone.

I’m having all kinds of Bluetooth issues too. iPhone X here. I’ve found that the “fix” is that each software update I unpair and forget the Bluetooth from both iPhone and Tesla - then power cycle the phone and re-pair the device.
Yesterday every call was a challenge