Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BT support for more than one phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t have my car yet, so I can’t experiment. I was wondering... does the Model 3 allow for the pairing of more than one phone so that both can be used for calls automatically?

To clarify - I have 2 phones, my personal phone and my work cell. My last car let me pair both of them. One would be the primary - I could make and receive calls and texts, access the contacts, etc. The other would be the secondary, which could only receive calls. I could swap primary and secondary at any time with the press of a button on the car’s main screen.

I thought this was pretty clever since I wouldn’t miss any calls regardless of which phone they came in on. Then I could make calls from either phone depending on the situation by jumping back and forth to get access to the appropriate contacts list.

Tesla, being super software oriented... do they have this capability, or something similar, as well?

You can switch which phone you're connected to in the phone screen. Is that what you mean?

You can't have both phones connected at the same time though. You CAN set a preferred phone that takes priority when it detects multiple phones that have been configured to the car.

You can switch which phone you're connected to in the phone screen. Is that what you mean?

You can't have both phones connected at the same time though. You CAN set a preferred phone that takes priority when it detects multiple phones that have been configured to the car.

Darn, yeah - I wanted to see if both could connect at the same time.

My last car did that with one being a primary which could do everything and one being a secondary which could do less. Both could receive phone calls though.