Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BTX8 battery-code on a 75D... or is it a 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
haha... delivery at the end of the month, so wasn't aware of that.. lol.. If I click the picture I only get a couple options.. Be great to know how to get them all.
Didn't the options codes used to be there after delivery? Now that they are not there you can get them from the APIs, so if you install Visible Tesla and click the details button of the overview tab it will show them. I know that isn't the easy answer. I think some of the apps may have the codes as well.

Last edited:
...maybe we can get someone to snap a pack shot on one of these Model X's.

55845 Baltimore,MD
59692 San Jose,CA
55861 Mission Viejo,CA
59673 Fremont,CA
59803 Lathrop,CA

Or this S which is now in New York: Model S 75D 5YJSA1E20HF198372 | Tesla

I am not sure those cars are actually where they say though. Doesn't someone have a friend near one of these that could use a distraction after work? Just don't send them there without checking if they can see the car on site.

Or this S which is now in New York: Model S 75D 5YJSA1E20HF198372 | Tesla

I'm not far from there (30-40 minutes), and I've been up to Mt. Kisco before - it's large Tesla operation with a big sales and service center and lots of activity. They are very "corporatey" up there.. so I don't think I could tootle up there and start looking at and photographing the battery stickers on inventory cars. OTOH, if the car was in Milford, CT, they know me well, and would have no problem if I went up there to check things out. But if someone else wants to give Mt. Kisco a try, please do.

2 more Ss and 3 more Xs with BTX7s popped up on new inventory today (see ev-cpo), mostly with 1-2k miles on them, so maybe test driven with the pack (just speculation). One of the X's might be very close to me, so will see if I can find it tomorrow and check out the battery.

So there are still some BTX7 of these Model X's.

55845 Baltimore,MD
59692 San Jose,CA
55861 Mission Viejo,CA
59673 Fremont,CA
59803 Lathrop,CA

There are 2 things I don't understand here. The first is why do these cars all show a 0-60 time of 6.0 sec? That's slower than the 4.9s you see when you configure an new MX75D. Does the new battery not provide enough current for fast acceleration? Is it heavier..? Or are these just older builds, with less powerful motors?

The second is: Why are new configs shown with BTX5 if you do element inspection in the configurator, if BTX7 is the new thing for MX75D?

You need to ignore the inventory page 0-60s and range. They are messed up all over the place. They have S90D's with a range of 286 when they really are 295, they have S100Ds with 0-60 of 3.3 secs when they are 4.1. And yes MX's with the wrong acceleration too. There was a 0-60 increase for cars after July, but you have to derive that by determining the production date.

These glitches in Tesla's inventory site have been causing all kind of mind f..ing with folks on this board. It's a bit sad Tesla has not got it together on this. Some of the surprises that will result from this for new customers will be ugly, and legally questionable.

So what conclusions do we draw from this? Sticker error? Is there anything I can do to actually prove my BTX8 has a 85kwh battery on board?
Did you look at the sticker on the battery? I can't remember if it was you but I think a few other owners "confirmed" they had 85 kWh batteries based on their battery stickers. I don't think it is an error but probably a software upgradeable 85 as with the previous 60/75 and 70/75 upgradeable cars.