Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BTX8 battery-code on a 75D... or is it a 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK..So i have bad news guys...the BTX7 coded inventory car that showed up in the US (Fremont) actually has a 75 kWh battery. My friend visually confirmed the battery sticker to be a 75 kWh battery for that particular car. Still don't understand why they would use BTX7 code for a 75 kWh battery.

Thanks for info. The car still however have the BR05 option, which indicates that the battery is software locked to some extent. Otherwise it should have the BR00 code.

Maybe Tesla is playing games and all cars manufactured since some time back (even BTX5) have the 85kWh battery. They just don't want to unveil it right now? Just in the same way that they keep us in the dark regarding the confirmed 85kWh packs in Europe. They are for real so something is for sure going on.

I think many (me included) would consider the 85kWh to be the sweetspot car with 400v for fast SuC. This would hence take away some of the 100D sales which is why Tesla wait a couple of months to unveil how it's all moving. Maybe there is a 110kWh option in the works that will replace the 100kWh battery? Soon we will see a BTX9 option for 100kWh packs in Europe with BR05 code that are software locked 110kWh batteries ;)

Reactions: MacGreiner
A big thanks to the group that checked.

If anyone else gets a look, having a photo of the sticker would be handy, as would knowing if it were 350 or 400v.

If this is an upgradable battery how would you tell other than the BR05 code? Is there security xray gear that can see into the spots where the modules are? Would TM-Spy see the extra modules and capacity of each? Without any gear could you deduce the real battery size from the charging time if you recorded SOC or miles remaining near full? Is there an easier way?

Last edited:
I must admit being puzzled. I ordered my car middle of August, it went into production schedule last week so it is very VERY recent.
And still, the codes are giving me: BTX5, APH2 (not the 3) and BR00.

How is it possible that my 75D which is currently in production so much more recent than ALL the other 75D we are speaking in this thread would not have the AP upgrade (nor the battery upgrade)?

I am living in Switzerland so would it be possible that they would build according "old" specs for Switzerland versus other cars going to Europe?

Reactions: Bebop
I must admit being puzzled. I ordered my car middle of August, it went into production schedule last week so it is very VERY recent.
And still, the codes are giving me: BTX5, APH2 (not the 3) and BR00.

How is it possible that my 75D which is currently in production so much more recent than ALL the other 75D we are speaking in this thread would not have the AP upgrade (nor the battery upgrade)?

I am living in Switzerland so would it be possible that they would build according "old" specs for Switzerland versus other cars going to Europe?

My car just finished production, it was listed as APH2 before, after production it's listed as APH3. I wouldn't worry.

A big thanks to the group that checked.

If anyone else gets a look, having a photo of the sticker would be handy, as would knowing if it were 350 or 400v.

If this is an upgradable battery how would you tell other than the BR05 code? Is there security xray gear that can see into the spots where the modules are? Would TM-Spy see the extra modules and capacity of each? Without any gear could you deduce the real battery size from the charging time if you recorded SOC or miles remaining near full? Is there an easier way?

Sorry. My friend couldn't get a photo but he did get a clear view. It said 75D and 350V. He tried memorizing the serial number but forget it half way when he left :)