Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubble like issue on dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes me wonder whether or not we should be careful about parking the Model 3 in direct sunlight. Pulling the car-cover on and off takes a bit of work, and I can't see myself putting it on daily. Can anyone recommend a solid windshield sunshade? I found one online here:

Front Windshield Sunshade for Tesla Model 3

I just got a HeatShield last week. 3-4 day turn around on them. Custom fit for Model 3. I like so far. We’ve had cooler weather since the 3rd so haven’t really had hot weather. I did notice that my car has only gotten to 100F inside so even though cabin overheat protection is set, it hasn’t been activated. Figure it will hopefully reduce battery range loss and be better on the AC. And if nothing else provides some nice shade for the dash and screen. After seeing this thread glad I got it.

Here’s photos I took of it a few days back so you can see coverage.

CDD6BAA4-6B00-4B44-8BEA-996CF75B2510.jpeg

83797B35-9E2B-4329-B879-B169E25FC0DF.jpeg

Website, note free ship offer. Also if you are near their office you can do a will call for local south bay owners.

Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield: The Original Windshield Sun Shade

BTW that Taptes sunshade doesn’t look like it covers the window that well. You can see the VIN in the photo. The Heatshield does a pretty good coverage, fits down to the bottom of the windshield and just needs the visors to hold in place, no suction cups for windshield. Made locally in the SF bay area.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder whether or not we should be careful about parking the Model 3 in direct sunlight. Pulling the car-cover on and off takes a bit of work, and I can't see myself putting it on daily. Can anyone recommend a solid windshield sunshade? I found one online here:

Front Windshield Sunshade for Tesla Model 3

I was shopping for a sunscreen the past weekend as well, after my interior vinyl wrap started bubbling after car was left sitting in the parking lot on a sunny NJ day.
Saw Taptes on Amazon, but didn't like the suction cup requirement.

My choice came down to these two options:
1. Roll-up sunshade: https://www.amazon.com/HeatShield-Original-Sunshade-Tesla-Silver/dp/B07BVX82NJ#customerReviews
2. Folding-type sunshade: https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Ulti...1&refRID=Q7EE8QYQ9M3TRGDV1VC9#customerReviews

I've historically found accordion-style folding sunscreens much easier to install/remove by myself, so went with option #2.
To be precise, I recalled that Covercraft is the OEM for every German vehicle sunshade that I had ever bought and loved, so I ordered UVS100 from these guys:
2019 Tesla Model 3 Sun Shades & Windshield Snow Covers — CARiD.com

It's a little more expensive, but worth the convenience. To me.

a

Reactions: GolanB
I was shopping for a sunscreen the past weekend as well, after my interior vinyl wrap started bubbling after car was left sitting in the parking lot on a sunny NJ day.
Saw Taptes on Amazon, but didn't like the suction cup requirement.

My choice came down to these two options:
1. Roll-up sunshade: https://www.amazon.com/HeatShield-Original-Sunshade-Tesla-Silver/dp/B07BVX82NJ#customerReviews
2. Folding-type sunshade: https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Ulti...1&refRID=Q7EE8QYQ9M3TRGDV1VC9#customerReviews

I've historically found accordion-style folding sunscreens much easier to install/remove by myself, so went with option #2.
To be precise, I recalled that Covercraft is the OEM for every German vehicle sunshade that I had ever bought and loved, so I ordered UVS100 from these guys:
2019 Tesla Model 3 Sun Shades & Windshield Snow Covers — CARiD.com

It's a little more expensive, but worth the convenience. To me.

a
The second one is the one I have been using. Works great!

More Tesla guts! Model 3 dash replacement by mobile service. : teslamotors

I am having my replaced soon due to the bubbles. I am having second thought after seeing the above post

At first I looked at this pic and said no way. But after looking at the parts catalog it shows that the dash panel is part of the main dash assembly and not just a separate piece. If true I can't believe it was designed this poorly.

nickID, can you confirm from you invoice the exact part name/number that was replaced? That really sucks if this much stuff has to come off to replace that panel.

Well, I hope nickID can comment on this because I'm not liking the idea of this much stuff removed. Don't like the idea of having bubbles on my dash either. Here is to hoping they have a better way. BTW, if the pic from reddit is true that mobile tech is doing an awful job keeping things protected and things organized...absolute mess which just seems like it can't be true

At first I looked at this pic and said no way. But after looking at the parts catalog it shows that the dash panel is part of the main dash assembly and not just a separate piece. If true I can't believe it was designed this poorly.

nickID, can you confirm from you invoice the exact part name/number that was replaced? That really sucks if this much stuff has to come off to replace that panel.
Here's the part listed on the invoice:
M3, IP, SUB ASY, BASE(1083401-00-H)

So my car has had these things that look like bubbles in the dash since delivery (black peice right above the wood). If you touch them they go away for a few but then come right back. It's like they didn't stretch the material enough. Anyone have this? I tried doing a search for anything bubble related with the dash and nothing came back.
not good without pictures