Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubble on instrument cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed people getting bubbles on the touch screen but I haven't seen anyone with this issue on the driver side screen. I noticed this few days ago and it seems every day the bubble moves around.

Has anyone experienced this? if so what was the fix?

Attachments

• IMG_20170529_184539.jpg
    IMG_20170529_184539.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 3,360
  • IMG_20170527_164515.jpg
    IMG_20170527_164515.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 2,030
  • Informative
Reactions: apacheguy
You are the first the I've heard!

I wonder why it happens to Tesla while I haven't heard from others in computers, TVs, monitors, cell phones, tablets...

I hope you are still under warranty.

I still have about 2k miles left on the 50k warranty so that is the good news. The local shop asked I send them pictures as they haven't seen it prior so they need to see how they would fix it. I wonder if it is heat related as we just got into the hot season..looks like it is 108 degrees in the car right now.

Reactions: Tam
I still have about 2k miles left on the 50k warranty so that is the good news. The local shop asked I send them pictures as they haven't seen it prior so they need to see how they would fix it. I wonder if it is heat related as we just got into the hot season..looks like it is 108 degrees in the car right now.

Can't say I've seen this issue with that screen either on any of the forums. That's a bit alarming to see bubbles in that screen too. I see you are in Florida. Curious what year your car is and if the car is parked outside during the day. In the meantime you should check out using the Cabin Overheat Protection to keep the car no hotter than 105F when you can. It's meant to keep kids and pets safe if left in the car, but we live inland and summer temps can get hot here too and I've been trying to remember to activate it every day when temps are up. You need to have sat in the drivers seat or driven that day (12 hours coverage, unless SOC is 20% or less). Look under climate control in your manual. BTW AC preconditioning, where you can set the temp from your app, only stays on for 30 min and then needs to be restarted each half hour.

Keep us advised what service ends up doing. Thanks.

I have an early 2013 Model S. I reported the bubbles or screen delamination to Tesla but they claimed I'm out of warranty and out of luck. I love my car and the company, but this is clearly a systemic and progressive safety defect that should be on the company to repair and not a $3000+ charge to customers. Without fixing, eventually the car will become unusable and worthless. I've started collecting names of impacted owners for some king of joint action as I am afraid that is what it will take to get Tesla's attention. If you are concerned, please send the following information to [email protected]:
1. Date of purchase
2. Vin#
3. Warranty Status (in or out)
Date informed Tesla, and
Best Contact info

For the older Model S drivers screen bubble I carefully took off the glass and removed the adhesive. The adhesive is nasty stuff, remove as much as possible and I used Vaseline Jelly and a tooth brush on the LCD. Be careful not to was anything that can damage or absorb into the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20180403_191612.jpg
    IMG_20180403_191612.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 1,910
For the older Model S drivers screen bubble I carefully took off the glass and removed the adhesive. The adhesive is nasty stuff, remove as much as possible and I used Vaseline Jelly and a tooth brush on the LCD. Be careful not to was anything that can damage or absorb into the screen.
Scott, would like to learn more details on exactly how to correct my new bubble DIY in our Dallas summer heat. My 2014 is exactly 1 month out of warranty. Thanks, Alex

I have the same issue with my 2015 MS 85D. several bubbles in the instrument cluster. started out as one small bubble, then grew to about five inches and still growing. car is still under warranty and SC said they will cll me when the part is in stock. I also love my car and Tesla for their innovation, but common....this is $120K car. my $1000 iPhone doesn't have these issues not to mention the countless other issues and defects. Please stop rushing build 10K cars a week and take the time tp build quality cars that are worth the price we pay.

IMG_0037.PNG
IMG_0038.PNG

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi