Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubble on instrument cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it's still MCU1. I've thought about it and I'm gonna wait.
I just got her a couple months ago, my first TSLA, still learning. This site has been a great resource!
I'm a tinkerer. I do vinyls and such.
So far, I've covered my nose cone w/gloss CF, I've tinted my tail lights, PPF'd my headlights (transitions! Day= Smoke - Night= Clear). Blacked out the chrome. Swapped the interior wood trim for CF. Swapped interior lighting for brighter LED's (blue footwell, white trunks).
My headlights have been acting up and are pretty dim, so I've ordered replacement bulbs that I'll change out when they arrive.
Still have plenty of ideas to do, but I'm on a budget so I have to spread them out.
Would love to upgrade rims, but that's just not happening any time soon. Add a CF spoiler. Wrap the brake calipers.
And I have to save up for spring projects like window tinting, sun shades.

I realize if I held off on all these that I could get the upgrade. But I enjoy the process, always having something to work on.
The time will come when I'm forced to shell out for repairs/upgrades. But in the meantime I'm enjoying the journey.
You are aware that you cannot just change the bulbs MS it’s a full headlight replacement.

You are aware that you cannot just change the bulbs MS it’s a full headlight replacement.
I've watched videos of it done.
Mine has HID/Xenon. It's tricky to reach, remove the wheel, and some wheel well liner.
The ballast would be more difficult if that's what's bad, but just the HID bulbs shouldn't be too hard.

Check out this YouTube, at about the 2:20 mark. Shows how.