Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubbles along edge of windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a CPO P90D model S back in March. Noticed millions of bubbles along the edge of the windshield- none of the other windows have this. Sent a message to Tesla but haven’t heard back. Anyone ever seen this? Seems that a $100k car wouldn’t have this issue..

Attachments

• 35D2E4C1-C1C8-4EB8-9985-5C8BA75CAD61.jpeg
    35D2E4C1-C1C8-4EB8-9985-5C8BA75CAD61.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • A1CAF260-8B5D-41F8-A4C3-006A48CBCFA6.jpeg
    A1CAF260-8B5D-41F8-A4C3-006A48CBCFA6.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 519
  • 8755838D-2CCD-4AA0-AEED-BD649CB48374.jpeg
    8755838D-2CCD-4AA0-AEED-BD649CB48374.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 433
  • C2AD4A8B-337E-4FAD-BCF1-53A7CF8D948C.jpeg
    C2AD4A8B-337E-4FAD-BCF1-53A7CF8D948C.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 446
Got a CPO P90D model S back in March. Noticed millions of bubbles along the edge of the windshield- none of the other windows have this. Sent a message to Tesla but haven’t heard back. Anyone ever seen this? Seems that a $100k car wouldn’t have this issue..
Your windshield is delaminating, had exact same issue on my 2014 S85 and SC did a replacement under warranty, just make an appointment and pretty sure they will take care of it. It is under warranty 100%
About messages to SC, they don't reply most of the time, so just book an appointment and wait for them to call you :)

Update -

I went to my local service center and they will be changing the windshield next Monday. They even checked to make certain they had a windshield in stock. I'll update after the work is wrapped up. This is, none the less, an interesting issue that owners should be aware of. Definitely check this out and get it replaced under warranty!

Update -

I went to my local service center and they will be changing the windshield next Monday. They even checked to make certain they had a windshield in stock. I'll update after the work is wrapped up. This is, none the less, an interesting issue that owners should be aware of. Definitely check this out and get it replaced under warranty!

Great to have the forums!

This is very interesting. I had no idea this could happen even though I know for safety glass sake some of our windows are laminated.

I should probably take my Model S in for that...

Hi Petra! When did your problem start? I guess it's been since KC meet up that I saw you last but don't recall you having the issue then. Would this fall under some 4 year warranty period? See you also have a Model 3 now, cool!

Hi Petra! When did your problem start? I guess it's been since KC meet up that I saw you last but don't recall you having the issue then. Would this fall under some 4 year warranty period?
I can't recall when it started, but it has been noticeable for probably a couple years now. Based on the responses above, it looks like Tesla will honor it as a warranty repair.

See you also have a Model 3 now, cool!
The Model 3 is fantastic. :D

Reactions: SMAlset
I can't recall when it started, but it has been noticeable for probably a couple years now. Based on the responses above, it looks like Tesla will honor it as a warranty repair.

The Model 3 is fantastic. :D

Make sure you document it with your mileage and send in email. I emailed my SA before the warranty expired, but forgot to bring it in due to work schedule..and by that time my warranty had expired. They did honor it because it was doc before my warrant expiration

I took my car in for the window to be replaced (after making me wait over a month to order the glass), they turned me away stating that they wouldn't replace it under their warranty guidelines. Any tricks? I mentioned it was a safety hazard, and that the glass is delaminating but to no avail.

I took my car in for the window to be replaced (after making me wait over a month to order the glass), they turned me away stating that they wouldn't replace it under their warranty guidelines. Any tricks? I mentioned it was a safety hazard, and that the glass is delaminating but to no avail.
How bad is it? Ask for manager to come out to see it when you get to the Service center.

Hi All,

Bought a used tesla, from tesla, 2014 p85+ a month ago and noticed the same bubbles in the windshield. Looks identical to Joe130's. Service center said the bubbles are within spec (what spec is this? hahah) and consistent with other tesla vehicles. Asked if it was a safety hazard and they said it was not and will not replace the windshield.

Anybody else getting denied or getting windshields replace?

Kevin

I’d go to a different service center. Use the term “delaminating”. Mine was replaced under CPO warranty. Did you buy privately or through Tesla?

Thanks Joe,

i bought it through tesla a month ago. Another question, when you bought yours cpo’d did you receive an inspection list. Tesla is advertising that there used cars go through a 70 point inspection but the service center said they have no records of an inspection and the sales department said they don’t have the inspection report check with the service center.

Thanks Joe,

i bought it through tesla a month ago. Another question, when you bought yours cpo’d did you receive an inspection list. Tesla is advertising that there used cars go through a 70 point inspection but the service center said they have no records of an inspection and the sales department said they don’t have the inspection report check with the service center.
in my case I bought it directly from Tesla, I just told them to look into it and took couple pics proving that delaminating is getting worse.

I noticed recently Tesla SC stopped doing "favors" to owners fixing small issues, my AC fan is making loud bad noises, I told them to take a look into it, all they said till it blows cold/warm air we won't do it or you have to pay out of pocket, once it is completely broken I can take it back.

When I got my used one I didn't get anything, just a verbal "it is all good and if it is not we will take care of it" which they are doing since then, bought it back in April, all issues are getting fixed, only recently as I said earlier, they are getting a bit more strict on what to fix and what not