Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubbles and Billionaires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive never shorted any stock in my life, I wouldn't start with a company I love.
I've made thousands on tesla already. I'm a newb to tesla but not stock investing.
What would be too high for those of you hating, 400, 600, 1000

This makes no sense. You're new to Tesla but made thousands already? Oh, and only buying it as a small asset?:

For me I'm ok buying it as a small speculative asset.

But you've posted odd contradictory statements before:

I'll prob buy it while it's still in bubble territory

At the same time you've been busy creating reasons to talk down the stock:

i also think I will buy it much lower
at some point tesla being a decade old will have to start showing profits or the bubble will pop.
The bubble of a thirty billion market cap company with zero profits and a fuzzy ever changing timeline on profitability.
There is a reason none of the top 20 billionaire investors owns it.
Standard and and poors rates it a hold, fidelity a strong negative. At 260 there's plenty of other experts that think it's gone too far to fast.
Tesla's bonds have a junk rating
Tesla’s free cash flow went even deeper into negative territory, hitting $177 million compared with $7 million a year ago, even Elon Musk went on the record last year as saying Tesla shares might be overvalued, back when they were fetching $160

Honestly, the constant contradictions don't help with your reputation here.

Ive never shorted any stock in my life, I wouldn't start with a company I love.
I've made thousands on tesla already. I'm a newb to tesla but not stock investing.
What would be too high for those of you hating, 400, 600, 1000

Giving the benefit of the doubt that you're not trolling:

My long story short, I realistically expect ~$25 EPS/share by 2020. If you take a 30x P/E (based on growth potential from there) you'll be looking at $750/share in five years. Discount to the present at whatever rate you feel appropriate.

Giving the benefit of the doubt that you're not trolling:

My long story short, I realistically expect ~$25 EPS/share by 2020. If you take a 30x P/E (based on growth potential from there) you'll be looking at $750/share in five years. Discount to the present at whatever rate you feel appropriate.

I haven't modeled out sales to 2020, I do believe the x will be huge. However I think it will cannabalize s sales.
I also worry about gm, ford, both already selling plenty without trying.

This makes no sense. You're new to Tesla but made thousands already? Oh, and only buying it as a small asset?:

But you've posted odd contradictory statements before:

At the same time you've been busy creating reasons to talk down the stock:

Honestly, the constant contradictions don't help with your reputation here.

On my blue chip stocks I've made many times what I've made on tesla

I haven't modeled out sales to 2020, I do believe the x will be huge. However I think it will cannabalize s sales.

The wait list for the X is double what it was for the S at the same time; even if the X cannibalized S orders at 100% rate Tesla would still see a big jump in revenue. This reservation rate is also being achieved "without trying".

You seem very smart but it's hard to see why you again throw out statements without doing the most basic research. I think this conversation has run it's course.

Yes, if the X takes away some percentage of S sales It doesn't matter because overall revenues will increase dramatically. In any case it seems unlikely that S sales will decline more than a small fraction, and my bet is that they will continue to gradually increase as Tesla opens more showrooms and Superchargers and word of mouth spreads awareness of Tesla. Every new Tesla owner is a salesperson for Tesla.

Please define 'without trying'.

Last I checked, GM and Ford were plastering every media outlet with ads; TV, radio, newspaper, Internet and snail mail. If that's selling their products 'without trying', then you have one very strange definition. Oh, look! A Fiat ad at the top of my screen and a Nissan ad at the bottom. Guess they are selling their products too 'without trying'.

Please define 'without trying'.

Last I checked, GM and Ford were plastering every media outlet with ads; TV, radio, newspaper, Internet and snail mail. If that's selling their products 'without trying', then you have one very strange definition. Oh, look! A Fiat ad at the top of my screen and a Nissan ad at the bottom. Guess they are selling their products too 'without trying'.
If you play with him he will feel like he belongs and seek more attention

Oh, gosh... don't get me started on the Fiat ads! I swear, EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK there is a Fiat ad, and none of them actually tell you anything about the car that would make you want to buy it. It is just some wannabe youtube-esque meme filled video hoping to sell that Fiat as hip (I guess?)... Like this one:

They are stupid... annoying... and pointless... If I ever bought a Fiat it would NOT be because I saw one of their commercials...

Last edited by a moderator: