Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buena Park, CA Deliveries Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
those who are scheduled for tomorrow and maybe december 26, call the delivery team. my original schedule was tomorrow morning but i called just to confirm and they told me that there are open spots today. i rescheduled my delivery for tonight. as long as your car is there and they have spots open, you should be able to get it sooner.

also, i asked about not mounting the front plate. they told me that they give me all the mounting brackets so it's up to me to do it myself but was reminded about CA law having front plates. the wait is almost over. i have to run errands then prepare my trade in. good thing i washed her for the last time on saturday. now it's a matter of clearing out the data and garage opener programming.

any one else scheduled for tonight pick up? good luck and be safe. it's raining out there.

Reactions: ash1057
those who are scheduled for tomorrow and maybe december 26, call the delivery team. my original schedule was tomorrow morning but i called just to confirm and they told me that there are open spots today. i rescheduled my delivery for tonight. as long as your car is there and they have spots open, you should be able to get it sooner.

also, i asked about not mounting the front plate. they told me that they give me all the mounting brackets so it's up to me to do it myself but was reminded about CA law having front plates. the wait is almost over. i have to run errands then prepare my trade in. good thing i washed her for the last time on saturday. now it's a matter of clearing out the data and garage opener programming.

any one else scheduled for tonight pick up? good luck and be safe. it's raining out there.
I have pickup tonight too, glad to see you are able to get your car early.

Reactions: ash1057 and w1n78
Here's a final update from me. I ordered a Midnight Silver LR AWD with 19'' wheels on 10/27. I received the VIN and delivery text on the same day (12/21). Today 12/23 I took delivery! Only bad thing was that it was raining. There were so many cars in the lot that Tesla was offering a free valet service for the car that we arrived in. Upon walking in, I checked in at a dedicated delivery check in desk and in about 5 minutes someone came out and walked me through signing all the necessary paperwork (DMV title transfer etc..). Then I was taken outside and asked to honk the horn on my app and voila there was my car! I performed my inspections and talked to the associate about how to note down any issues that I may catch in the first week of owning the car and then I was off. Took a total of 30 minutes from checking in to driving out. Overall a good experience!

I’m still here at the dealership. They are taking a long time printing docs. We’re the only customer left. Check your cars. There’s a misalignment in the rear, passenger door. I showed it to one of the managers and my first bad experience. He told me if I was unhappy with the car I can come back so they can fix it. I can’t bring it home. But I have a trade in and I’m ready to go. It’s not a big issue and the door works. I just wanted to be reassured that Tesla will fix it after I take possession. He kept saying he couldn’t guarantee how service would respond. I’m like this is a defect. We kept going back and forth and finally I figured out what he meant. Basically, once I sign off on it, his team has no “jurisdiction” fix the issue. I have to deal with service. I don’t know why he kept talking like a robot geez. Makes sense. I’ll still take the car tonight and just have service fix it. I thought he would be more understanding but maybe it’s been a long day for him. I guess I’ll make the excuse for him. He does have a nice M3P. It’s wrapped in green with green calipers.

so still waiting for docs

Here's a final update from me. I ordered a Midnight Silver LR AWD with 19'' wheels on 10/27. I received the VIN and delivery text on the same day (12/21). Today 12/23 I took delivery! Only bad thing was that it was raining. There were so many cars in the lot that Tesla was offering a free valet service for the car that we arrived in. Upon walking in, I checked in at a dedicated delivery check in desk and in about 5 minutes someone came out and walked me through signing all the necessary paperwork (DMV title transfer etc..). Then I was taken outside and asked to honk the horn on my app and voila there was my car! I performed my inspections and talked to the associate about how to note down any issues that I may catch in the first week of owning the car and then I was off. Took a total of 30 minutes from checking in to driving out. Overall a good experience!
My delivery was really smooth and quick. It took only 15 minutes for the paperworks. My car is in perfect condition, nothing to complain about. The only thing a bit disappointed me that I have to buy the Nema 14-50 adapter. They said Tesla has no longer provided the 14-50 adapter because currently there are too many types of adapters available. It costs me $35 plus tax. It’s not a big deal though but still we have to pay more.

I’m still here at the dealership. They are taking a long time printing docs. We’re the only customer left. Check your cars. There’s a misalignment in the rear, passenger door. I showed it to one of the managers and my first bad experience. He told me if I was unhappy with the car I can come back so they can fix it. I can’t bring it home. But I have a trade in and I’m ready to go. It’s not a big issue and the door works. I just wanted to be reassured that Tesla will fix it after I take possession. He kept saying he couldn’t guarantee how service would respond. I’m like this is a defect. We kept going back and forth and finally I figured out what he meant. Basically, once I sign off on it, his team has no “jurisdiction” fix the issue. I have to deal with service. I don’t know why he kept talking like a robot geez. Makes sense. I’ll still take the car tonight and just have service fix it. I thought he would be more understanding but maybe it’s been a long day for him. I guess I’ll make the excuse for him. He does have a nice M3P. It’s wrapped in green with green calipers.

Those of you who took delivery already, did you have your own financing or go through Tesla’s credit application. I’m using my credit union, but still don’t have a vin nor a MVPA on my account. I’m picking up the day after Christmas so I’m a little stressed about how I’m going to get my credit union to mail a check by Thursday (they’re only open until noon tomorrow). Thanks in advance for advice.

Those of you who took delivery already, did you have your own financing or go through Tesla’s credit application. I’m using my credit union, but still don’t have a vin nor a MVPA on my account. I’m picking up the day after Christmas so I’m a little stressed about how I’m going to get my credit union to mail a check by Thursday (they’re only open until noon tomorrow). Thanks in advance for advice.
Yikes that's a difficult situation. I was pre-approved for BofA but unfortunately I got my MVPA on Saturday and they needed 24-48 business hours to process. I was on the phone with BofA up until an hour before my delivery time trying to expedite the loan funding but they said it wouldn't be approved in time. I ended up financing through Tesla just so that I could get the funds secured in time for delivery and I ended up getting the same APR through Tesla as I got through BofA. So now everything for my Model 3 (financing and insurance) is all provided through Tesla.

Reactions: Clh79

i went through tesla via Chase. initially was approved with US Bank for 3.49%. had them check last week before i got my vin. they were able to get one from Chase instead for 3.24% i think.

Reactions: Clh79
i wanted to update you all with my delivery tonight. the delivery manager's name is Matt. we spoke again right before things were finalized. he apologized about the misunderstanding. even gave my kids model toy Tesla. he explained about the 100 mile or 7 day issue thing. i took delivery of the car even with the gap/alignment issue. the door functioned as expected, just more of aesthetics. i'm going to the rancho cucamonga service center tomorrow and have them check it out.

what took long was related to my trade in. their system has all of the data inputed. the issue was applying it to my profile. they still didn't apply it to my profile but i did sign all of the necessary paperwork. i asked for copies and they gave them to me. i will get a scanned version in my profile tomorrow once everything is finalized.

here are some take aways for those that will take delivery.
  • if possible do not go at night. you may have an easier time finding issues in daylight. also, if there are issues, the delivery team may be able to fix it before you sign the paperwork and not have to go through service. staff will also be tired and possibly moody - they are humans too.
  • it was raining most of the day. the car was clean but wet.
  • so many deliveries today, i got the demo/howto speech in the parking lot rather than the "stage" area. i wanted to feel more special but all good, still happy haha
  • if you haven't, read the manual online or watch youtube videos to familiarize yourself with the car. the person that showed me around the car did fine but i felt he didn't go into detail. again, maybe it's because it was night and everyone is tired. but during the day it could happen as well since they are trying to do 100 deliveries a day. write questions or notes so you have them handy during the demo.
  • i picked up the long range and my state of charge was 241 miles of 325. i was expecting 290-300. so i asked if it was okay for them to charge the car while we wait for the paperwork. they did and since i haven't signed, it was on Tesla's dime.
  • auto pilot, cruise control, cameras, etc will not be available immediately after delivery. it had to calibrate about 15 miles of driving. there's a meter around the steering wheel logo near the speedometer. once it's full blue, it will tell you it finished calibrating. the camera will then start showing objects around it. you will then have access to cruise control and auto pilot.
  • the adaptive cruise control is much smoother than my 2016 prius i traded in.
  • auto pilot is insane! still getting used to it. i do not trust it still. it was wobbling in the lane at times. also, there was a parked vehicle right before my exit. i noticed it not merging to the exit so i had to force the lane change to the off ramp. it took some force but i made it exit. not sure what would've happened. if it would miss the exit or make the decision too late and i may have hit something. it's a great feature but i have to get used to its behavior.
  • the car didn't have the latest update. it had 2019.35.103. the lates is 2019.40.2.1. i asked if they could update it while i waited, nope. no big deal. i got home, connected it to wifi and it's updating.
  • the front plate is not mounted... hooray! they gave me the mounting brackets, etc. and the california law speech as well.
  • the side mirrors were fogged up. had to google how to defrost it. i couldn't adjust the mirrors until then (during the demo). so if this happens to you, you can defrost the side mirrors by turning on the rear defroster.
  • do not exit the lot on the right side driveway. so if the dealership is behind you and you're looking at the superchargers, do not use the right side drive way. you will scrape!
  • if you have a trade in make sure you delete any personal data on the computer and homelink. bring your garage/gate opener.
  • the rate of charge at home on a regular 120V is... 5mi/hr, 118V, 12 amps
aside from waiting for the trade in stuff (which was still not resolved), the overall experience was okay. i tried to highlight some things to help others set expectations. i'm happy that my wait is over. now to get the accessories installed and convince myself to just get the silver wall charger instead of the black since it's in stock right now. also have to figure out how to file for the rebates.

good luck to everyone else and merry christmas. see you all on the road.

Last edited:
My delivery was really smooth and quick. It took only 15 minutes for the paperworks. My car is in perfect condition, nothing to complain about. The only thing a bit disappointed me that I have to buy the Nema 14-50 adapter. They said Tesla has no longer provided the 14-50 adapter because currently there are too many types of adapters available. It costs me $35 plus tax. It’s not a big deal though but still we have to pay more.

Same... lol I had to purchase the Nema 10-30 adapter for my home

I went in Buena Park Delivery Center around 5ish. My original pick up date was 12/30/19, and got pushed to 12/31/19. SA used my order number to check location of the cars, I was told that I may or may not get the car by 12/31. The truck left the factory since 12/29/19, and current location showed San Francisco. I mean the car only moved 40 miles for the past 1 day!