TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Buena Park - combo location...

Discussion in 'California' started by AEdennis, Jul 31, 2015.

1. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Spoke with one of my regular Tesla service guys and it seems that a new location that is both Sales and Service Center will be opening up in Buena Park around September...

It's at the auto center (taking over an old dealership spot. I'm guessing 6692 Auto Center Dr, Buena Park, CA 90621 (closed Chevy)) by the junction of I-5 and CA-91...

Looks like a good spot for a Supercharger as well (like the locations they have in the East Coast (Paramus, NJ or Syosset, NY)).

The first two will probably be September, but I would think the first I-5 Supercharger in the LA/OC area will probably be at that location after the store/service center opens.

2. smilepak

smilepak Member

If that is true, that would be cool. The only other best option around there is the Mitsubishi HQ, with the chaDemo chargers... nearby.

Would love to see one somewhere near the Anaheim Honda Center.

3. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

4. smilepak

smilepak Member

They took it off

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Somebody jumped the gun. But we know it's coming.

6. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

They are having a grand opening party this Thursday August 13--I received an email invite this morning.

7. smilepak

smilepak Member

Can't wait for sc to open there

8. ecarfan

Here are details about the Buena Park Showroom and Service Center grand opening party this Thursday Tesla Buena Park Grand Opening VIP Reception | Tesla Motors
    -------------------------------

We’re excited to invite you to a private owner reception to celebrate the opening of our new Buena Park location. The facility features a Design Studio, delivery center and a fully equipped service center to better serve our owners in Buena Park and the surrounding areas.

During the event you’ll be able to meet with our Tesla Buena Park team, enjoy light refreshments, explore our fantastic range of Tesla Merchandise and mingle with your fellow owners and reservation holders. If you have friends or family that you would like to invite please RSVP for them as well.

We appreciate your continued support of Tesla in California, and look forward to celebrating with you.

Tesla Buena Park
    6692 Auto Center Dr
    Buena Park
    CA
    United States

9. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Nice party his evening. Service bays were still being finalized, so not available for tour.

10. EcoBruin

EcoBruin Member

8 superchargers are being added to this location. They are waiting on city approval

11. smilepak

smilepak Member

Super Sweet! A place to stop each time I go to Disneyland!

12. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

That will be 2 sets of supercharger.info on the 5 through LA... That's great

13. smilepak

smilepak Member

I wonder if they are active? They seems to be about same timeline as fountain valley

Is it just sales or service and store?

14. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Currently a sales and service center. With superchargers planned

15. smilepak

smilepak Member

Drove by it earlier, didn't see any SC

16. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I think that the folks at Tesla said that they are still asking the City of Buena Park for permission to install. So... There's that.

17. Opti-Abe

Opti-Abe Closed

I stopped by the other day, the show room is spectacular. They brought over people from Brea and other locations to run it. It was like heaven driving in and seeing all those S's parked there being majestic

18. m2140

m2140 Member

I got My S from the Buena Park Dealer. It's supposed to be Tesla first physical dealer and they try to keep it stocked with CPO cars and a couple of new inventory cars. I was really great to see so many different S models together. They also have just about every version of the S available for test drive including a P90D.

19. ecarfan

To @m2140: Just to be clear: Tesla showrooms are not "dealers". TSLA has no dealerships.
    I think what you mean to convey is that the new Tesla showroom in Brea has a larger number of cars then normal on the premises including CPO cars that are for sale, not just for demo and test drives.
    I do not mean to offend you. But not having dealerships is an important part of Tesla's sales strategy, and terminology matters.

20. m2140

m2140 Member

I first heard about the Buena Park dealer from a salesman at the Mission Viejo Showroom. The guy called it's Tesla's first dealer and the guys at the Buena Park store called it a dealer. And it makes sense to me that it's called a dealer because unlike the showrooms, they actually have new & CPO cars in stock for sale. You can buy same day on CPO cars. Tesla corporate may not call it a dealer, but it's a dealer.