Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a little heads up to those planning on travel towards the Cleveland area, The destination charger at the Jerky outlet at Geneva, OH has apparently been de-energized. The last 2 posts on Plugshare indicates a change of ownership of the site and the chargers have been shut off. Too bad, they were the best option for a quick boost to make it to Macedonia in the winter. Really underscores how important it is to get a Supercharger in Erie!

We travelled from Amherst to Lyndhurst, OH today to visit relatives and to get the seat belts checked out. Left with 252 rated miles on the battery and got to the service center with 27 miles left. Because of the cross country round trip my 2 year service seems to have sneaked up on me. Rudy at Service was very accommodating and will do the service before we leave on Thursday. He even will install the 4G-LTE modem! A lot of their techs are in California participating in Model X final assembly. This will aid in their ability to work on the Model X when they return to Lyndhurst. The loaner is an AutoPilot equipped P85+. Noticeably quicker than my S85 and the AutoPilot is cool. I notice that the clock has a sweep second hand, Is this specific to the AutoPilot models or the result of a new firmware upgrade? I like it. On the trip out I was very careful with my speed and did a lot of drafting to maximize range. Essential in the winter with the big gap between Buffalo and Cleveland. EV Trip Planner indicates the return trip should be less energy intensive since there is a net elevation drop of about 470 feet.

Climate control was set to 68 degrees. No butts were frozen. I must commend the Lyndhurst Service Center staff and especially Rudy Graham. My Tesla was delivered to my hotel about 6:30 PM Wednesday evening at which point the driver took the loaner back. The new LTE modem is much faster and seems to provide better connectivity. There were no dropouts to my internet audio stream on the way back except for about 2 seconds outside Fredonia. Screen updates of the NAV screen are much faster when there is a 4G or LTE connection. They also flashed the firmware to the latest version so the clock now gets the blue sweep second hand. The climate control works better and my feet were kept nice and warm compared to the trip out. The windshield wiper logic is said to be improved as well and did seem to work more appropriately on the way home. I had about the same amount of juice left when I got home even though I started out about 5 miles further away in spite of the temperature being a little lower. If there was a Supercharger in Erie I would have driven a bit faster and stopped in Erie for a quick boost and pit stop. Until then it's nice to know that the trip is do-able unless it gets really cold.

Reactions: Tedkidd
Anyone else having connectivity issues? No map updating on the NAV screen and no internet music streaming. Also couldn't connect to the car with the Tesla App. Things worked OK when I connected to my T-Mobile phone's hot spot via WiFi. Another Model X driver at the Supercharger reported the same issue..

nothing yet about Buf#2 on supercharge.info yet. Would make sense to put at GF#2.
I live in buffalo and taking delivery of 90D in a few weeks. I am dying to find the exact location of the new SC coming to Buffalo. I am working on trying to dig permits up at city hall if I can. GF2 does not make a lot of sense - they need to have one more central if they are really trying to cater to model 3 explosion; they need one in immediate downtown area or canalside area/close to Pegulaville and Keybank Arena etc.

I would expect GF2 to have some SC by default too though.

I live in buffalo and taking delivery of 90D in a few weeks. I am dying to find the exact location of the new SC coming to Buffalo. I am working on trying to dig permits up at city hall if I can. GF2 does not make a lot of sense - they need to have one more central if they are really trying to cater to model 3 explosion; they need one in immediate downtown area or canalside area/close to Pegulaville and Keybank Arena etc.

I would expect GF2 to have some SC by default too though.

SCs are meant for longer-distance driving, not center-city style refueling. The Transit road location near the Lancaster thruway exit is not bad for such a solution. You also want low-land lease rates and downtowns are expensive. First obvious place is the riverbend building. where you would expect some Model 3 drivers to go to for work. Not too far from downtown and 90. I would choose the "Shops at West Senaca" as the place to do it. Lots of shopping and highways nearby.

New Supercharger map has a second "coming soon" dot in Buffalo now. Zooming in, it's apparently going to be easy to charge up while wandering around the Taste of Buffalo :D

If I had to guess, I'd say the real location is going to be at the solar panel factory. Thoughts?

When there's an "extra" gray marker it means one of two things:
(1) They're going to put in a different location
(2) They're going to expand at the existing location.

When they first changed over to having Coming Soon pins on the Google map there was some confusion because they were using gray for existing sites that will be expanded, which made it look like there wasn't a Supercharger there . They quickly changed it so that there's always an additional pin.

New Supercharger map has a second "coming soon" dot in Buffalo now. Zooming in, it's apparently going to be easy to charge up while wandering around the Taste of Buffalo :D

If I had to guess, I'd say the real location is going to be at the solar panel factory. Thoughts?

When there's an "extra" gray marker it means one of two things:
(1) They're going to put in a different location
(2) They're going to expand at the existing location.

When they first changed over to having Coming Soon pins on the Google map there was some confusion because they were using gray for existing sites that will be expanded, which made it look like there wasn't a Supercharger there . They quickly changed it so that there's always an additional pin.

nothing yet about Buf#2 on supercharge.info yet. Would make sense to put at GF#2.

I noticed this week that GF2 has a couple of destination chargers installed in the front lot. (Seems to be "no trespassing" still)

Any updates on the Buffalo or Salamanca SpC sitings? The latter seems odd vs. Ellicottville, which may have more amenities. . . .

Finally, if anyone else is interested, I have been getting inspiring answers on a questionnaire about charging options for future owners who have limited home or work access. Anyone with concerns about this, I'm glad to provide you a link to take the survey online. Thanks~

Last edited: