Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.3 isn't that bad if it places the SC near restaurants, bathrooms, etc.

Yes, I'm local and there are plenty of amenities nearby no matter what season. The closest on foot would be a Barnes and Noble with a Starbucks within it. In another minute, you have a mid-range mall as well as chain and local restaurants. Beyond that, plenty more. Feel free to message me with any particular questions.

Any chance we can get pics of trenching etc.? I am so interested in this SpC getting done!

Any other markings are obstructed by gear, dumpsters, etc.

IMG_20150415_165751~2.jpg

I spoke with one of the workers at the sit at about 2:00PM. The rectangular area with the asphalt removed is where the transformer hardware will be. The charging stations will be extendin
20150415_140933[1].jpg
g from that area towards Transit Road.
"Off the record" estimate is for the SC to go live in about a month!!! FYI the workers DO NOT WANT TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED!! Please be sensitive to their needs. They just want to do their jobs and so should we! Syracuse is supposed to be tested tomorrow.

I spoke with one of the workers at the sit at about 2:00PM. The rectangular area with the asphalt removed is where the transformer hardware will be. The charging stations will be extending from that area towards Transit Road.
"Off the record" estimate is for the SC to go live in about a month!!! FYI the workers DO NOT WANT TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED!! Please be sensitive to their needs. They just want to do their jobs and so should we! Syracuse is supposed to be tested tomorrow.

Thanks for this notice. I really appreciate local eyes apprising us of progress on this particular SpC site. Hopefully we should see signs of and Erie PA SpC as well.

Yes, I'm local and there are plenty of amenities nearby no matter what season. The closest on foot would be a Barnes and Noble with a Starbucks within it. In another minute, you have a mid-range mall as well as chain and local restaurants. Beyond that, plenty more. Feel free to message me with any particular questions.

Is that a Starbucks or is it a Barnes and Noble coffee shop? I will be travelling with a friend that is addicted to Starbucks.

Things haven't progressed much since last week - I went by earlier today and there were a couple of pickups on site, but as of yet no trenching for the power from the street or any concrete poured; there's a storage unit on site and a low dumpster.

Too bad it isn't at Duff's on Sheridan or down at Anchor Bar on Main. Show travelers Buffalo's wing heritage.

Well, of course, Eastern Hills is a prime spot for passing through - and for Buffalo area residents who own an MS and pass by one of the busiest intersections in WNY. Amherst residents are the primary market for Tesla buyers in WNY as that is basically the center of higher income for Buffalo.

NY is not yet covered until a supercharger is in the Binghampton area to allow NYC to Binghampton (178mi) and then Buffalo (208mi) through the southern route. I would hate to drive to Buffalo from NYC via Albany, Utica/Syracuse then Amherst - the southern route is nicer and shorter. That 208 from Binghampton to Buffalo is tight and there seems to be limited charging through that route. Rochester needs a small supercharger site too in Henrietta.

20150421_130640[1].jpg
I dropped by the site around 12:30PM today. Seems to be a lot of progress since my last visit. Trenches have been excavated in the cleared rectangular area where the Supercharger equipment will be 4 crates are now present labeled, "DC Supercharger". On the side closest to Transit there are three wrapped pallets which had a paper label that said, "Tesla Boards" before it was blown off by the strong gusts. Very encouraging.
20150421_130420[1].jpg
20150421_130559[1].jpg
20150421_130538[1].jpg