Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing in the near future for Buffalo for the simple reason that our "friends" at the NY Auto Dealers Association tried legal action to have TM close all of its downstate stores. Tesla then entered into a compromise action with them to keep existing locations open, but not to open any new NY stores.

This reminds me a lot of how taxi drivers forced Uber and Lyft to limit their operations downstate, making a "deal" not to expand further. It really does sound backwards and its part of the reason they say Buffalo is always last at everything.

P.S. I made my first post about the Utica supercharger, but it never showed up. Was it rejected?

The Tesla Interactive Map showed Utica online as of TODAY. So now we can presumably get to Utica with a range charge even in the winter with an 85 kWh Model S, which means that Downstate is now available to us. Hopefully there will soon be some action at the Clarence site. Syracuse now shows up as, Construction in Progress.

Need to drive between Chicago and Hebron, NH in June. Following I90 through Buffalo is by far a better route than I70.
You're missing one SC on either the I-90 or the Canadian route: Buffalo for I-90, and Comber ON for the Canadian route. Comber is under construction, so it's almost sure to be done by June.

(Canadian route = Mishawaka, Comber, Woodstock, Toronto, Kingston, Utica, optional top-off at Albany) If you're feeling bold, EVTripPlanner thinks that it takes 245 rated miles to go from Maumee to Woodstock. If it's a pleasant day with westerly winds, that can be done.

We were considering a trip to Beachwood, OH from Amherst, NY and I was concerned that my S85 might not be able to make it to Macedonia. Called up the Cleveland Service Center and asked if I could juice up a bit at their HPWC and was told that they have a SUpercharger there and that I could access during Service Center hours! Nice to know there is a potential charge site a little closer than Macedonia.

You're missing one SC on either the I-90 or the Canadian route: Buffalo for I-90, and Comber ON for the Canadian route. Comber is under construction, so it's almost sure to be done by June.

(Canadian route = Mishawaka, Comber, Woodstock, Toronto, Kingston, Utica, optional top-off at Albany) If you're feeling bold, EVTripPlanner thinks that it takes 245 rated miles to go from Maumee to Woodstock. If it's a pleasant day with westerly winds, that can be done.

The current plan is to drive through Canada spending a day on Toronto. If Buffalo comes online then we'll likely stay on 90, with an extra day in Chicago. We're actually driving VA to northern WI, and then back through Chicago on our way to Hebron, NH, and then back to VA.