Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buford GA and surrounding area.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we all know everyone is excited about the Buford GA supercharger.
There seems to be a lot of anticipation for this supercharger to be up and running.
In following the post, there seems to be a decent amount of Tesla owners in the neighborhood.
The people have spoken, I think we need to organize and plan a meet around the Mall of GA area.
This is my first time trying to organize something like this, so bear with me and I am open to ideas.
I usually stay pretty tied up with work Mon-Sat so things that are planned here will usually be done on Sunday afternoons.
Being a Sunday group, that usually means the wife/girlfriend(s)/kids will be involved.
So lets try to keep it a family friendly atmosphere!
There has been a recent push by Dan Detweiler lately to get all of us Atlanta folks involved in get togethers.
I think it would be best if we try to merge with that group but also have our own group for us OTP/Buford/Lawrenceville/Surrounding area residents.
Of course anyone would be welcome!

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.
Also a special thanks goes to SKRGO for suggesting the group!
He is the first fellow Tesla owner that I met, he has become a good friend. He made me realize there is something a lot more to Tesla than just owning the vehicle. WE ARE A FAMILY!!

By the way, I am in a 2015 white P85D still with FL drive out tag on it. I spend more time at work than I do at home but if you see me around......HONK and say hello!!

IMG_20181015_150118.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_150118.jpg
    IMG_20181015_150118.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
To my fellow Tesla brethren from Buford- as a Hurricane Irma ex-evacuee who longed for a supercharger while staying in Buford, I fully support your mission.
I hope everything went well and you and your family were OK.
We actually have nothing to do with the supercharger, other than the fact that we all live in the area. Trying to plan meets around the area.

I hope everything went well and you and your family were OK.
We actually have nothing to do with the supercharger, other than the fact that we all live in the area. Trying to plan meets around the area.
Hi! Yeah, I totally misread the post- chalk it up to multitasking! Fortunately family and I were indeed OK, our house survived, and we had a lovely time in Buford- so much so that we we’re planning another trip so we could hang out at the Georgia aquarium again. Hopefully there will be a greater selection of superchargers this time around.

It's up and Charging! Just rolled into a spot, hit the button on the plug, and boom! Port opened and shoved it in! Ha! Excuse the Ninja Turtle Pajamas, I just dropped the kids off at school this morning before driving by to check out the Supercharger status. The Supercharger still isnt showing up on the Navigation map however.

It's up and Charging! Just rolled into a spot, hit the button on the plug, and boom! Port opened and shoved it in! Ha! Excuse the Ninja Turtle Pajamas, I just dropped the kids off at school this morning before driving by to check out the Supercharger status. The Supercharger still isnt showing up on the Navigation map however.

Attachments

• 20181107_083232.jpg
    20181107_083232.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 56
  • 20181107_083232.jpg
    20181107_083232.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 47
I have a Chademo adapter available for anyone that would like to use one for an upcoming trip.
Someone (skrgo) from the forum was kind enough to lend me theirs on a recent trip, just trying to pay it forward.
I live near the Buford supercharger and work near the airport and could meet anywhere in between.
PM me if your in need.
As a side note, I have a nema 14-50 plug at my business, if anyone is ever in a bind and needs some quick juice, you are more than welcome to stop by!
4899 Old National Highway.
College Park GA 30337

Reactions: Mike1080i