Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug guts remained on car for week. Does this look like permanent damage to clear coat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(See picture)

Also, best recommendations to hand wash? Automatic touchless car washes and self-service car washes haven't done much for this...

Attachments

• 20230526_105634.jpg
    20230526_105634.jpg
    751.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Funny
Reactions: BMWM3Man
You do know that Tesla's are just like any other car right?
Get your bucket, soap and water and a little scrubby pad thing and wash them off just like any other car.
Yep, I do have a microfiber mitt (not the one that you actually put your hand in, but the one that you just sort of rub on the paint), bug remover, and chamois, but I'm not sure if the paint or clear coat have been damaged. I guess I won't know until I actually try!

There are automotive scrubbing pads for bugs in the automotive stores in Canada.

I've been using them for over 45 years without dulling any paint.
Ahh, you have to be specific. I thought you meant like a scrubbing pad you would use on your dishes.

But in any case the method with least friction and least abrasiveness is preferable for car paint. Depends how particular you are about your paint though I guess.

Reactions: fredjan