Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug in Forward Collision Warning (FCW) setting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9F1576B6-BC3D-4639-ADA6-02E579704B85.jpeg
Hi all,

I’m on 2020.32.3

Every time I set the FCW to off or Late, next time I drive the car it resets itself to Medium. I’ve tried a hard reset, didn’t help. Anyone else have this?
Paul

Maybe it is by design? You can override as a one off but then it resets, just like turning traction control off on an ICE turns back on when you get back in as a safety system. I'm not saying I agree with that or its a good idea, its just a thought that might be why.

Have you tried changing it and then manually saving the driver profile?

Reactions: MrBadger
From the manual:

‘NOTE: Your chosen setting or Forward Collision Warning is retained until you manually change it.’

Looks like a bug. Might explain the hideous number of phantoms I had on the way home yesterday.

I managed to get it to stay on 'late' today. It seems setting it to off makes it revert to medium.
I confirm, same here.

It's frustrating, though. Forward collision warning gives an extremely ridiculous number of false positives - actually, it NEVER happened to me that it gave a real legitimate warning. It's always that the silly AI in Tesla "thinks" that it should warn the driver :( I'm seriously considering changing my car because it drives me nuts.