Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug in Summons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have experienced the following behavior when I summon the car back to my garage. First of all Summon+Homelink works perfectly: I get close to the house, Homelink opens the garage door, I enable Summon from the fob or the double-click on park, get my stuff out, close the door, car enters the garage and close the garage door with Homelink. After 1 minute or so, Summon completes and the Tesla turns itself off.

Now, after about 3-4 minutes, all of a sudden the Climate turns on. ALWAYS. Regardless if I had it on or off.

Has anyone else experienced this strange behavior?

Is your smart preconditioning turned on?

What does it say in the app about the climate control? Is it on in the app or off?

yes, smart preconditioning was turned on. I just turned it off to see if that fixes the issue. I noticed it is really happening even if I just park in my garage without Summons.

I also did notice when clicking the info button that smart preconditioning is still in beta.

yes, smart preconditioning was turned on. I just turned it off to see if that fixes the issue. I noticed it is really happening even if I just park in my garage without Summons.

I also did notice when clicking the info button that smart preconditioning is still in beta.

Tuned off smart preconditioning. No difference. Climate control starts randomly after turning off the car.