TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bug in Summons

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by neptune2000, Mar 9, 2016.

1. neptune2000

I have experienced the following behavior when I summon the car back to my garage. First of all Summon+Homelink works perfectly: I get close to the house, Homelink opens the garage door, I enable Summon from the fob or the double-click on park, get my stuff out, close the door, car enters the garage and close the garage door with Homelink. After 1 minute or so, Summon completes and the Tesla turns itself off.

Now, after about 3-4 minutes, all of a sudden the Climate turns on. ALWAYS. Regardless if I had it on or off.

Has anyone else experienced this strange behavior?

2. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

Is your smart preconditioning turned on?

What does it say in the app about the climate control? Is it on in the app or off?

3. neptune2000

yes, smart preconditioning was turned on. I just turned it off to see if that fixes the issue. I noticed it is really happening even if I just park in my garage without Summons.

I also did notice when clicking the info button that smart preconditioning is still in beta.

4. jlucero

jlucero Member

i think summons sucks...too many inconsistencies and bugs for me

5. neptune2000

Tuned off smart preconditioning. No difference. Climate control starts randomly after turning off the car.