TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bug on TeslaMotorsClub.com homepage...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by cliffud, Apr 20, 2018.

1. cliffud

cliffud Member

Has anyone else experienced the homepage of the TeslaMotorsClub.com always refreshing to the top of the screen which prevents one from reading anything further down on the homepage?

THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!

EDIT: Admins, apologies for posting this off-topic issue here. I have no idea where else to post this feedback since we don't have a 'random' or 'off-topic' section.

• Like x 2
  2. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Yip.

And what happened to "off topic"...?

3. Ande

Ande Member

Yes, it's driving everybody crazy.
    Should have hired a half competent designer and/or actually use the page themselves. :)

4. whitex

whitex Well-Known Member

It's been doing it since the update of CMS months if not years ago. You can hit stop after it loads to stop it from reloading, but you have to time it just right or parts of the page are missing. An ad-blocker on the other hand solved the problem for me (which leads me to thing the reload has to do with ads, maybe they keep reloading or loading more and more of them).

5. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

They would be the only one...

6. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

I find hitting the ESC key is more effective as it doesn't seem to have the timing issues of hitting the browser stop button.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Right. I use the forums. Never even see the articles on the home page, sorry to say.

• Like x 1
  8. srredbeard

srredbeard Blue MS 75D and Black M3

On my computer it appears to be fine when I use Safari or Chrome but totally useless with Firefox.

9. David29

David29 Supporting Member

Works OK on my PC but scrolls on my phone. Have not been able to stop the behavior on the phone.

10. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

The best answer we received when this was asked in another thread was , "sorry can't fix it. suck it up".

• Funny x 1
  11. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

rm -r homepage

• Funny x 1
  12. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@doug @danny - I can't read the blog post because the page keeps refreshing. Same with the home page. Forums pages are fine (please don't mess them up).

Same issue affects Internet Explorer, Edge, and Model S browsers. I haven't tried Model X or Model 3.

13. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

Yeah, it's not even worth trying to read. It's a known issue, er, feature...

14. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Are people still having this issue?

15. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I tried again today on my work machine and it's working sanely on Edge and IE (for the first time in 2018). I'll try to remember to check tonight at home also.

16. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Firefox 59.0 64 bit is currently happy with the front page.