Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug report - Pin 2 Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With P2D enabled, after a drive, if driver gets out of the car WITHOUT locking it or letting it lock by itself, and re-enters the car, pressing the brake pedal brings on the warning on IC asking for the PIN, but on the MCU the keypad doesn't pop up.

Driver is forced to re-exit the car, lock it, unlock it, re-enter, press the brake pedal and finally keypad pops-up.

This is extremely annoying, especially in circumstances where you get back home from the mall, park in front of the main door to unload groceries, get back into the car to move it into the garage and the car doesn't show P2D keypad and refuse to move.

I’ve had numerous issues with pin 2 drive also. Not to mention Spotify, visual glitches, browser issues. All reported back in late November and December. Hope they finally fix things. Version 9 has been littered with bugs for me. I’d like to see some better quality control with updates these days. I drove an MCU2 car and it made me think things are worse with MCU1 on the big front. 88AA8A43-D4FC-4A0E-B4B4-0E04DF56DB21.jpeg AEA6A0E6-E76C-4B60-B8A8-08E0A89FA33E.jpeg

With P2D enabled, after a drive, if driver gets out of the car WITHOUT locking it or letting it lock by itself, and re-enters the car, pressing the brake pedal brings on the warning on IC asking for the PIN, but on the MCU the keypad doesn't pop up.

Driver is forced to re-exit the car, lock it, unlock it, re-enter, press the brake pedal and finally keypad pops-up.

This is extremely annoying, especially in circumstances where you get back home from the mall, park in front of the main door to unload groceries, get back into the car to move it into the garage and the car doesn't show P2D keypad and refuse to move.

Not sure if this is a bug. I think it's by design, albeit a bad design. The bad part is that the request to unlock is on the IC only. It should be on the IC and the MCU. Most of the time I can't see the request at the bottom of the IC since the Easy Entry has raised the steering wheel and it is blocking my view of the message.

Anyway, you do not need to exit the car to unlock. While sitting in the car just unlock using the fob to get the keypad popup on MCU. That's what I do all the time and works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: f205v
Anyway, you do not need to exit the car to unlock. While sitting in the car just unlock using the fob to get the keypad popup on MCU. That's what I do all the time and works fine.
I tried this multiple times, with mixed results. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have the impression it is related to the phone playing music or not: When I'm listening to the radio (phone is connected via blue-tooth, but not playing) it works, when I'm playing music from the phone it doesn't work.

I tried this multiple times, with mixed results. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have the impression it is related to the phone playing music or not: When I'm listening to the radio (phone is connected via blue-tooth, but not playing) it works, when I'm playing music from the phone it doesn't work.

Interesting. I've not tried while playing music off the phone (I seldom do). If that's what is happening to you then it should be reported as a bug.

I just received following email from Support:
--
Dear mister f205v,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the Executive Care Team. I can assure you we take our customers feedback into account while challenging ourselves in continuation of refining these features and improving our customers driving experience and convenience. I would like to thank you for providing us with your valued input and honest comments.

For future customer support needs, please feel free to reach out directly to our dedicated customer support teams via [email protected].
--

Which doesn't say much, but at least it's an acknowledgement.